Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Kenner C-3PO is great, IMO. He's proudly displayed in my Kenner-Hasbro comparison cabinet.

Even the recent (sort of) Gentle Giant Jumbo Kenner had a nice shiny finish.

7116898791_beb39f5e2f_z.jpg

Come to think of it, since I have both of these jumbo figures, I should just cancel my SS R2 and stick with these. :yess:

As cool as the shiny version is, that was seen for 1% or less of the first movie and trying to remember if he was ever shiny like that again for the next two - so, I would (personally) rather have a dirty version as that seems most screen 'iconic'

I would love to know the price point. If this is $200 ish, it gives folks a nice alternative to the $400 version.

I don't know if it's a question of people wanting him chromed and shiny so much as giving the appearance that he would scrub up well but for the weathering. In the pics - with awful lighting - the feel is one of a dull matte finish under the grime. Until better pics are shown it's hard to say exactly what the surface is doing. To me at least.

I wonder what his hip articulation will be like? The Tamashii barely has any whatsoever. If the Sideshow one has better articulation there, it would be a huge plus for them.

I don't know if it's a question of people wanting him chromed and shiny so much as giving the appearance that he would scrub up well but for the weathering. In the pics - with awful lighting - the feel is one of a dull matte finish under the grime. Until better pics are shown it's hard to say exactly what the surface is doing. To me at least.

Very well expressed.

..............I am glad he's a little tarnished. Gives those of us who bought other versions (medicom, bandai) a reason to pick this one up!

..............I am glad he's a little tarnished. Gives those of us who bought other versions (medicom, bandai) a reason to pick this one up!

Yeah Tarnished gives me reason to have this one on top of the Tamashii. He was only shiny at the end of ANH. He will look amazing with R2. I cannot get past the chin now though haha.

Back