Bride of Frankenstein and Frankie Diorama Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I just bought a diorama base from China (maybe not a good idea)?
It came in what appears to be a Sideshow box.
And, very fast if I must say so.

Anyway, it looks like you insert the Bride in the left hole and Frankie in the right hole.

When I do this they do not line up correctly. His hand does not sit on her shoulder.

Am I doing something wrong?

I called Sideshow and was told their memory does not extend back 10 years and to check in with you guys and gals.

The Base is not numbered. Is this normal?

I've wanted one of these for a long time...........................

Bones

Does it look like a dungeon base with two chains coming out of the floor? If so, I remember it. SS did a line of environment themed bases back in the day for monsters and military figures. Some were dungeon/laboratory floors with stone and some were grass/mud bases for military.

Just a light gray block floor with a raised darker base.

Two holes. One sized for Bride other for Frankie.

I'll post pix. Need to load photo manip software first - new lap top.

Thanks all for the quick replies.

Bones

Here they are.

Dang, they're still pretty darn big. Sorry about that.

Bones

bride 1.jpg

bride 2.jpg

Will post alter this AM.

Gets hot here quickly (predict 100F today) so need to get my morning exercise in the early morning, which kinda of sucks since I'm on off for the Summer.......

Also have a second bride in storage, may see if she makes a difference, but hesitate since both the bride and frankies' feet sit flush with the base.

Bones

OK played around a little more and came up with this.
Is this right?

I thought his hand physically rested on her shoulder.
Am I dreaming?

Also a pic of my Bride of Frankenstein Mermaid.

Bones

bf 3.jpg
bf 4.jpg
bf 5.jpg
bf 6.jpg
bf 7.jpg

Looks really good to me, regardless if it's supposed to be on the shoulder :p

Probably a bootleg. MAYBE.

Yeah, once I realized his hand would not rest on the shoulder, it went together easily.
The bride was one of my first crushes growing up as well as Morticia Addams, penny Robinson and a little later Bettie Page.
A little weird, but I'm afraid its true.....................

Does anyone know if the bases are normally numbered?

Here are photos of the box. it was opened for inspection it states. I tore off the DHL label. No instructions or other written material was included inside the packaging. I an send packaging photos if it would help.

box 1.jpg
box 2.jpg
box 3.jpg

Bones

His hand is supposed to rest on her shoulder. Try putting her on the base first followed by the creature be very careful and dont force them or the pegs will break. To my knowledge the base is not numbered.

Last edited:
Yeah, once I realized his hand would not rest on the shoulder, it went together easily.
The bride was one of my first crushes growing up as well as Morticia Addams, penny Robinson and a little later Bettie Page.
A little weird, but I'm afraid its true.....................

Does anyone know if the bases are normally numbered?

Here are photos of the box. it was opened for inspection it states. I tore off the DHL label. No instructions or other written material was included inside the packaging. I an send packaging photos if it would help.

View attachment 119739
View attachment 119740
View attachment 119741

Bones

It's not a bootleg... it's legit. My authentic one looks the same except it is the color version I own. You have the Silver Screen base. Try turning the Bride in a little more by taking her out and moving her square peg flush against the next side of the square hole peg. This should do the trick.

Back