XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply epic im gonna get a custom case made just for this guy!

I like your thinking. yes, he will be a highlight in my collection. As if the Captain wasn't getting enough attention. SS has been great but XM is creating trophy pieces for my collection.

I hope those of you who are begging for the changes place an actual order when its fixed to your standard

Exactly. I'm looking at you Spidey :wave

I am not begging for anything. I am simply making suggestions, and for the most part they have been pretty well received by even those who were shooting me down before. XM is a unique developer in that way. They have already listened to the input Mags and others made on the paint job.

Simple question Yank... What do you think of the suggestions I have made? If you hate them then hey speak up. If you like them have to stones to say so. If you don't care then hay say that too, but at least weigh in Dude. As for me buying this, well that just isn't going to be in the cards I don't think. The shipping and import fees on this would crush me.

My suggestions are born out of YEARS of participating in an artistic community where people offered feedback when presented with a WIP piece. XM is doing this to get input and encourage excitement. I don't feel like I am taking ANYTHING away from that. In fact most have been nothing but positive about what I have done.

Yeah ... while this looks AMAZING the size just killed any buzz I might have had for it. I am NOT dissing the statue. If I bought it all I would be doing is flipping it, and I would rather leave it to someone who really wants it.

I understand it's your money to do as you see fit, but you've got to be kidding! Though I can understand your "constructive nitpicking" to a certain degree, I've followed this thread worried that at some point the "constrictive criticism/input" line will be crossed (be it here or on a future statue...it's already started, by the way. On their FB page they felt they had to justify the look of the helmetless portrait.) and XM will decide to not provide updates as frequently as they have, leaving the rest of us to say "You just couldn't leave well enough alone".

I understand it's your money to do as you see fit, but you've got to be kidding! Though I can understand your "constructive nitpicking" to a certain degree, I've followed this thread worried that at some point the "constrictive criticism/input" line will be crossed (be it here or on a future statue...it's already started, by the way. On their FB page they felt they had to justify the look of the helmetless portrait.) and XM will decide to not provide updates as frequently as they have, leaving the rest of us to say "You just couldn't leave well enough alone".

Well, imo, I'm glad people spoke out about the issues surrounding both head sculpts. I've had this on "PO" since before it was painted and I did that when I saw the unpainted prototype with his hand on his helmet and the expression he had on his face. That's the shot that won me over. After the first set of pics I was discouraged, but because people voiced their concerns and XM was willing to listen, we ended up with an epic statue. I don't think I would've bought this had they kept the original face/helmet. So for those that voiced their opinion, whether you're buying it or not, I want to say thanks ;) And thanks to XM for being patient with us.

PH Hulk came out with more issues today, so Shawn has decided his new crusade against this magnificent piece is that it's 'too small'. :rotfl

Oh now Yank if you want to make it personal I can, but I didn't think we were going to toss ACTUAL insults at each other.
a) I have NO crusade against this piece... none. I think it is possibly the single most impressive sculpts I have seen since I joined the hobby, but
b)I got no love for the character as I have never been a HUGE XMen fan
c)I can't afford to spend the money on a character I just don't care for
d)I don't have a buzz for this the way I have for some past pieces like say Skaar, and if I was able to pass on him because I had NO love for him really.... and yes the size has something to do with that. I only have a few pieces, but they are the bigger 1/4 so this would look out of place. So yeah the buzzy is gone now. That doesn't mean that ANYONE shouldn't like this piece... I think it looks AMAZING, but throw all of the factors I mentioned above into the mix and he is a pass for me. I know I could get it and flip it for probably twice what I paid for it, but why take it away from another fan who is going to buy it for the RIGHT reasons. Not just greed.

If you are trying to sick the dogs on me m8 it appears to be working... Thanks.

He's 1/4 if you were to take a measuring tape to him as if he was standing up, on equal footing with Cap, he would be about a hair top shorter than Cap making it about correct scale wise.

In the Marvel Handbook

Magneto = 6'2"
Captain America = 6'5"

But I mean do I really really need to get all geeky here? This is a masterful job, and all the input and critiques have made this unmasked portrait about as perfect as its going to get. Thanks to XM for wanting input...and thanks to everyone on the forums and facebook that provided constructive feedback. I think this will probably be the final finished product for the unhelmeted head (just my guess).

alkbc4.jpg

It looks absolutely amazing... I hope to see a close up of the new paints on both portraits soon.

Do you ever not complain and nitpick? I'm beginning to think you don't buy anything and just like to nitpick about anything that you feel like.

I see you complain all the time too Custo... This is a discussion board. As for what I buy, well that is severly cut back as I look after my little guys health issues. I would like to buy more, but it just isn't in the cards right now. As for nitpicking we ALL do it. You, Yank, everyone. We are detailed oriented collectors.

Really... I made TWO changes that were as far as I can tell universally, at least as far as people stated on the board, taken as improvements. Now if XM chooses to ignore them that is totally their right, but they have already provided at least 2-4 updates since I did so I obviously haven't stopped them from updating their threads. So you appear to not have to worry. Oh by the way I am just being a member of the community. I am not trying to hurt the relationship with XM in fact I have been trying to improve it. I am just not doing it in the open. What have you done for the community with your 79 posts in 3.5 years??? Just curious??

Well, imo, I'm glad people spoke out about the issues surrounding both head sculpts. I've had this on "PO" since before it was painted and I did that when I saw the unpainted prototype with his hand on his helmet and the expression he had on his face. That's the shot that won me over. After the first set of pics I was discouraged, but because people voiced their concerns and XM was willing to listen, we ended up with an epic statue. I don't think I would've bought this had they kept the original face/helmet. So for those that voiced their opinion, whether you're buying it or not, I want to say thanks ;) And thanks to XM for being patient with us.

That was my WHOLE reason for posting Kai.... Even if the changes are just to the paint app to give him that teaser look because I wanted it to look TRULY EPIC. IF I had ANY hand in the changes I am glad.

He's 1/4 if you were to take a measuring tape to him as if he was standing up, on equal footing with Cap, he would be about a hair top shorter than Cap making it about correct scale wise.

In the Marvel Handbook

Magneto = 6'2"
Captain America = 6'5"

But I mean do I really really need to get all geeky here? This is a masterful job, and all the input and critiques have made this unmasked portrait about as perfect as its going to get. Thanks to XM for wanting input...and thanks to everyone on the forums and facebook that provided constructive feedback. I think this will probably be the final finished product for the unhelmeted head (just my guess).

alkbc4.jpg

Haha have been lurking on the boards for awhile and very happy that photo i took has gotten you guys on the PO boat! Just to add that though it is true he looks short because of his sitting pose it really doesnt take away from the presence of this piece. I literally started at this piece for at least 15 minutes just spinning it around on the turntable it was on admiring its awesomeness. And remember this statue is almost as deep as it is tall! Better get those display shelves ready haha

XM wants the feedback and suggestions. What's everyone getting bent out of shape about? Once they finalize the statue it's a take it or leave it scenario. I love it and I'm thankful they tweaked what they did. That shows they listed and adjusted based on the forums feedback.

ok guys so word from specfiction on some of the questions: They only get one coin per 5 orders so getting a coin is totally @ random… in regards to payment only an initial deposit of $125 is required to place an order. Hope this helps and if anyone has more ?'s feel free to ask and I'll forward them along and/or check out their website, specfictionshop.com

I'm not against suggestions, it's just a fine line that's being tread. When XM has to defend an artistic decision (the helmetless portrait...I agree with the adjustments suggested on size of the helmet btw), you're straddling that line.

I'm not against suggestions, it's just a fine line that's being tread. When XM has to defend an artistic decision (the helmetless portrait...I agree with the adjustments suggested on size of the helmet btw), you're straddling that line.

ummm not really... they came to the community and asked for feedback... we give it... this is still a proto... and they obviously listened to some of it. Is there a line... yes... but I don't think we are ANYWHERE near it. I think we need to be careful yes, but now YOU are over reacting.

I don't get why people are jumping to the conclusion that Mags is smaller; obviously will be shorter sitting down, but not necessarily smaller or less than 1/4. I have the Doom PF and in pictures he does look smaller, but in person he's every bit 1/4 if not even slightly larger (by the size of his hands/feet).

Dayuum! Spidey played the post count card. :lol :lol

I don't post much either, but I do try to make each post count. Don't call me out, man. :wink1:

In my opinion everyone could say their thoughts freely! We love these characters and some of us like me purchase these products for the sake of something in our lives! I am not a rich guy but believe me when I get a beloved character's statue or an action figure, I still feel myself the happiest children on earth:) So let's talk, share our thoughts freely:)

I don't post much either, but I do try to make each post count. Don't call me out, man. :wink1:

Typically used when nothing else to resort to and just blowing hot air. Though he's not putting his money where his mouth is, I commend him for having his priorities straight (son).

I didn't think they were defending, to me it seemed like explaining what they were trying to achieve.

ummm not really... they came to the community and asked for feedback... we give it... this is still a proto... and they obviously listened to some of it. Is there a line... yes... but I don't think we are ANYWHERE near it. I think we need to be careful yes, but now YOU are over reacting.

I agree here. I for one hope folks keep suggesting things that XM can improve on the statue. I already PO the statue, I sure hope it will be the best that it can be. I don't think the suggestions were anywhere near the line either. I feel some folks are over protective on how XM will take the suggestions, the way I see it, they are grown man, have been doing statues for a long time, they shouldn't be discouraged by a few constructive criticism whether that person is buying their statues or not.

I don't get why people are jumping to the conclusion that Mags is smaller; obviously will be shorter sitting down, but not necessarily smaller or less than 1/4. I have the Doom PF and in pictures he does look smaller, but in person he's every bit 1/4 if not even slightly larger (by the size of his hands/feet).

I think it is mainly because many think that XM Cap may appear to be a bit smaller then some of SSCs 1/4 PFs and if he looks a bit small, and Magneto looks smaller than him.... you reading me????

Typically used when nothing else to resort to and just blowing hot air. Though he's not putting his money where his mouth is, I commend him for having his priorities straight (son).

I am sorry BDogg it was rude of me to pull the post count card, but I kind of felt like a dog in a Benji movie, a little kicked around. I guess the thing is I try to contribute to the community, through info, pics, research, experiences, laughs, and yes knowledge I have gotten from nearly 34 years of studying comic book art and applying that craft in my own limited way as an amateur penciler. The thing is I don't know you at all really... for all I know your posts are full of awesome and enlightening info, but I don't know for sure. SO when you came at me for trying to help XM to develop the best product possible... something they have asked fans to do, well, I got testy and called you out. I am sorry.

Believe when I say I have nothing but the highest praise for XM and their business model.... I want them to be successful, and my comments were designed to help with that. Nothing more.

I didn't think they were defending, to me it seemed like explaining what they were trying to achieve.

I agree here. I for one hope folks keep suggesting things that XM can improve on the statue. I already PO the statue, I sure hope it will be the best that it can be. I don't think the suggestions were anywhere near the line either. I feel some folks are over protective on how XM will take the suggestions, the way I see it, they are grown man, have been doing statues for a long time, they shouldn't be discouraged by a few constructive criticism whether that person is buying their statues or not.

It is my experience that artist LOVE to get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback that allows them to make their work better, and unlike SSC XM has opened up the window to the design shop so to speak. They would NOT do this if they didn't want the fans to help them make their products better and more desirable. My comments were from one artist to others in an effort to make improvements on a final piece. Whether they be sculpted or just painted, and I am pretty sure that the artists at XM would see it that way. At least I hope they did. When we get to the line is when we start insulting them and demanding that we get what WE want and if they don't give it to us THEY suck. Some here helped chase off many of the artist who work at SSC I hope this doesn't happen with XM, but I think/hope the community has learned its lessons.

Back