Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett (new version)

Yeah it's a disease sorta lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Once infected, you must praise several statues, say you'll order, wait for WL and then pass as you will get it later cheaper than retail. :lol

Once infected, you must praise several statues, say you'll order, wait for WL and then pass as you will get it later cheaper than retail. :lol
Then it goes away for awhile. But it never Really goes away, like Herpes

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

This became my most anticipated piece from SDCC.

Whilst I'm not a massive Fett freak, I think this PF is pretty tempting, the pose is great (get the feeling it's a little koto inspired), the base (whilst tall) is great as well as it gives the piece a bit of a story and context. There's a nice sense of movement and vertigo to the piece.

So all in all, pretty darn good, it absolutely kills the previous PF.

Whilst I'm not a massive Fett freak, I think this PF is pretty tempting, the pose is great (get the feeling it's a little koto inspired), the base (whilst tall) is great as well as it gives the piece a bit of a story and context. There's a nice sense of movement and vertigo to the piece.

So all in all, pretty darn good, it absolutely kills the previous PF.

Disagree. :(

I like it, though. I agree regarding the sense of "vertigo" as you put it. But I still don't really know what's the deal with Sideshow's tall bases as of late. I find it annoying as a collector since I'm then faced with display limitations.

You know what would actually be a nice option to include would be a secondary base. In the case of Fett, you could have a flat base with a minimal riser of some sort to maintain the dynamic pose. That would be the best of all worlds, as it allows those with display limitations to have some options...

Disagree. :(

I like it, though. I agree regarding the sense of "vertigo" as you put it. But I still don't really know what's the deal with Sideshow's tall bases as of late. I find it annoying as a collector since I'm then faced with display limitations.

You know what would actually be a nice option to include would be a secondary base. In the case of Fett, you could have a flat base with a minimal riser of some sort to maintain the dynamic pose. That would be the best of all worlds, as it allows those with display limitations to have some options...

Exactly. That would be awesome.

I have often considered getting the Superman PF and having a custom base made for him. That would be cool, and I'd be able to actually display him.

DarthChrisDK, you really don't like the base either?!

Well, as I said, I find that the pose of this statue supports a tall base much better than what is the case with many other 1/4 statues. Typically, though, I find that tall bases distract the viewer and makes a big statue feel smaller. I like a creative base, but I want it to support the piece and not create an element of distraction. Seen from afar, these huge bases makes the statues "feel" like 1/5 scales and add some "diorama" feel to the piece that I don't find necessary.

Generally speaking.

while I understand that the display options are limited with a high base.. you can not take away the beautiful design.. it looks like a diorama base.. I love it ! its so much nicer then a simple black round base.. this is telling a story and I love creativity like this !

I don't like the base. WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THOSE TALL BASES, SIDESHOW!? :(

Exactly! I guess this is the direction Sideshow is unfortunately choosing to go in.

The only thing I can hope for is for Ikea to come out with a full-length besta door, but if they haven't done it by now they probably won't.

while I understand that the display options are limited with a high base.. you can not take away the beautiful design.. it looks like a diorama base.. I love it ! its so much nicer then a simple black round base.. this is telling a story and I love creativity like this !

I can because I think the design is stupid. The array ok, but WTF is he standing on.

Back