<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review <>

How are people saying the headsculpt is now a deal breaker? It is the same sculpt from the preview. Were you guys thinking they were going to change it?

ya, idk. Eye of the beholder i guess. The way i see it, most people who love the movie want the figure, others who didn't like the movie dont want it and just will post negative things so they don't feel bad not buying it. And really if you didn't like the movie why would you buy a Zod figure anyway no matter how accurate or cool it looked? That makes no sense to me when people do this. People who wanted it will be happy with it. I am pretty sure of that. You see it with every release, the people who buy figures when they really don't even care for the character or movie. They buy it because its new, then sell it a week later.

Also I think judging figures by photos is way overrated way to judge a figure. You don't really know until you see it in hand. Ive even read recently some people like the Bruce Banner figure now that they have it. But most photos of it he doesn't look that great.

But i definitely don't see what some people are complaining about with Zod. The armor looks fantastic!!!!! His headsculpt is really great. Yah, im not a fan of the angry facial expression, but its Zod, they showed this prototype of the angry expression a long time ago. I knew what I was getting. No surprise there. And i think he looks AWESOME!! :)

excellent pics as usual, omg. I particularly love the shots that shows how far we can bend those hips and knees.

ya, idk. Eye of the beholder i guess. The way i see it, most people who love the movie want the figure, others who didn't like the movie dont want it and just will post negative things so they don't feel bad not buying it. And really if you didn't like the movie why would you buy a Zod figure anyway no matter how accurate or cool it looked? That makes no sense to me when people do this. People who wanted it will be happy with it. I am pretty sure of that. You see it with every release, the people who buy figures when they really don't even care for the character or movie. They buy it because its new, then sell it a week later.

Also I think judging figures by photos is way overrated way to judge a figure. You don't really know until you see it in hand. Ive even read recently some people like the Bruce Banner figure now that they have it. But most photos of it he doesn't look that great.

But i definitely don't see what some people are complaining about with Zod. The armor looks fantastic!!!!! His headsculpt is really great. Yah, im not a fan of the angry facial expression, but its Zod, they showed this prototype of the angry expression a long time ago. I knew what I was getting. No surprise there. And i think he looks AWESOME!! :)

So well said!!!

Well, see? I can respect this. While I have zero interest on this figure, I can understand it if the film meant something to you and you want to collect from that line. It is unbelievable whenever I see OMG posting pics and a lot of guys just getting sold on them just because! "I wasn't going to get it but I'll bite now" when they really have no attachment to said license. Then check the marketplace, and surprise! Figure is being sold. For less money. Amazing.

They are like kids in drugs. Irresponsible kids on drugs.

I hate renting figures. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, see? I can respect this. While I have zero interest on this figure, I can understand it if the film meant something to you and you want to collect from that line. It is unbelievable whenever I see OMG posting pics and a lot of guys just getting sold on them just because! "I wasn't going to get it but I'll bite now" when they really have no attachment to said license. Then check the marketplace, and surprise! Figure is being sold. For less money. Amazing.

They are like kids in drugs. Irresponsible kids on drugs.

I hate renting figures. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just compared someone buying a high end figure that they may or may not sell in the near future to adolescent drug abuse. Pretty delusional on your part.
I say spend your money on what ever you want, well as long as your not throwing your self into debt. I just really don't get collectors like yourself. I mean who really cares if someone flips figures rather than accumulating an entire house full of old toys. Collecting is different for everyone.

I personally hold onto most of the figures I buy. I'll sell them sometimes if the price inflates. But I just don't see anything really that wrong with the people you just described as pathetic drug abusing children.

Any ways.. I love the way this turned out. I'm not crazy about the expression but I can live with it. I really doubt we will be getting another 1/6 MOS zod anytime soon.

Last edited:

I loved the movie. The actor creeps me out since Kangaroo Jack. He seriously creeps me out!

Yeah, he's just an actor. Yes it's just movies but there's something about Michael Shannon that creeps me out. However, seems I'm not the only one that felt the design came from Alien/s. Though, to some degree I see it more like the board game Space Marines.

space_marine_wallpaper_by_thursar-d5misdn.png

Though, the figure looks absolutely bad ass with the cape. The black really makes it look daunting. I was just thinking, imagine if Hot Toys was creating the Masters of the Universe line with all that detail. Imagine Skeletor with all the black cloth with the lovely flock/shiny pattern.

skeletor-frank-langella-masters-of-the-universe-1987.jpg

It's kind of disappointing that Hot Toys has had the Superman license in some form or another since 2006, but this is the only villain they've made (unless you count Evil Supes, but that's more of a variant than anything.)

In hot toys defense, the superman movies have really dropped the ball when it comes to interesting villains. MOS IMO is the first film to have any superman villains I would actually buy as a figure.

Last edited:

I think it looks awesome, but have no interest in owning a zod figure
My cabinet Real estate is for legends only

I think it's pretty silly to say that people are posting negative things about this so they don't feel bad for not buying it. Does that mean people post positive things so they don't feel bad for buying it?

I'm totally ok with the grinning sculpt, I think from the front it looks absolutely spectacular and having the helmet to put on him is only an added bonus

Re: Article: Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review

Funny how a Zod like this causes the 80s Zod to look like Adam West stuff. Shame there was no funny Lex Luthor. It's the reason how I still love those. Gene Hackman was so funny.

I think it's pretty silly to say that people are posting negative things about this so they don't feel bad for not buying it. Does that mean people post positive things so they don't feel bad for buying it?

Thank you for saying this man. Though "silly" is very nice. I would've said CHILDISH. or IMMATURE. Anyway, the way some people try to rationalize others' thoughts speaks of how they think, actually.

Back