Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Well consider it done .

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

I don't want casual Steve, I want the headsculpt for Cap though. What do you do with casual Steve without a headsculpt?

pop the avengers cap sculpt on it lol

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

I don't want casual Steve, I want the headsculpt for Cap though. What do you do with casual Steve without a headsculpt?

I completely agree with this. I would display the new Cap with the Evans headsculpt holding his helmet...which leaves you with a headless civilain version. If anything, maybe hot toys could provide a second Evans sculpt with the set to allow for both options.

Otherwise you're really paying for just the headsculpt.

Is this gonna come with Two bodies or like the dx01 where you get head hands and boots plus outfit .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America:TWS - Steve Rogers [Civilian Version]

I will have to pick the shield and the HS from EvilBay

I was thinking about that. But I also now see a stand alone helmet (that Im surprised on one has mentioned). So approximating by current ebay prices:
Shield -$70,
Sculpt - $50,
Helmet - $40ish

So, since I happen to have a complete spare TFA outfit in my box, it might be cheaper overall just to bite the bullet and get this set.

Now, speaking of the loose helmet, did anyone else look at it and think "Hmmmm, Hot Toys must like Barrys work."?

I love both figures actually, but not really interested in casual Steve Rodgers. I think the stealth suit figure is amazing, just not a fan of the shield, but that can be easily changed out.

Head sculpt is spot on, though not a fan of a Chris Evans figure, really.

I was thinking about that. But I also now see a stand alone helmet (that Im surprised on one has mentioned). So approximating by current ebay prices:
Shield -$70,
Sculpt - $50,
Helmet - $40ish

So, since I happen to have a complete spare TFA outfit in my box, it might be cheaper overall just to bite the bullet and get this set.

Now, speaking of the loose helmet, did anyone else look at it and think "Hmmmm, Hot Toys must like Barrys work."?

Haha. Brilliant. I wish that had happened.
As for the pricing, the helmet will be closer to $100, as will the Steve sculpt, as they are ONLY available with the set.

Man that sculpt is awesome. Love the neutral expression. If the two-pack is $300 or less, I'm in. Any more and I may not bite.

Over here in Taiwan, the set is about 290 ish USD. I'm guessing ss will probably have it around 325.

I say $379.99!

It seems likely its two whole figs and its a situation like the bat suit cabinet where you can only get Steve stuff with cap as a big set and I'm not liking this trend.

Avengers cap had full cap figure two heads two shields hands and chitauri gun.

Now we get just cap one shield and one head and to get the swappables we have to pay for a whole other figure we may not want. Hot toys has got a new gimmick tack accessories onto a cheap body/clothes set and charge you double, aces.

Hot Toys wants to make money like any other business, so raised prices and sets like these are probably going to become common in the future as it is in the present. HT collecting is becoming like Jordan sneaker collecting for us comic book and film fanatics. Just hope the quality doesn't drop like the latter. LOL

Back