Hobbit DOS DVD & Erebor Statue set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on the Blu Ray forums.

https://www.target.com/p/the-hobbit...#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=desolation+of+smaug

I would imagine there will be official announcements soon, hopefully they do another preview event this year for TABA.

169qotl.jpg

I'm so getting that.

So does this mean Weta's double dipping with the collectors edition sets with statues? That seems a bit excessive to put out one for the theatrical release and one for the extended edition.:dunno

It says in the listing that the statues are made by Noble Collection, so I guess Weta will handle the EE. Also, it is good news because this means that Weta can release the full Erebor environment sometime soon!!

So does this mean Weta's double dipping with the collectors edition sets with statues? That seems a bit excessive to put out one for the theatrical release and one for the extended edition.:dunno

This has nothing to do with Weta and everything to do with Warner Brothers. Which is why I wouldn't put it past them being extra greedy.

It says in the listing that the statues are made by Noble Collection, so I guess Weta will handle the EE. Also, it is good news because this means that Weta can release the full Erebor environment sometime soon!!

This has nothing to do with Weta and everything to do with Warner Brothers. Which is why I wouldn't put it past them being extra greedy.

Oh, so it's NC - that makes sense then. I suppose that I should have clicked on the link and actually read the description.:lol So if NC is doing these, that pretty much removes the Dwarve Statues from the list of possiblities for the EE set. I really hope to see a mini-Smaug or Dol Guldur in the Weta set.:pray:

Ordered this...cheapest I found was thru the WB shop at $80 free shipping...I think it retails at like $110 or something like that...L/E of 25,000 which believe it or not is considered not a large number made when it comes to sets like this. Will look great with the Weta Erebor gate

This is a beautiful set...paid $79 free shipping...these statues and the full 5 disc dvd set are worth it...If Weta had made this set as an OE it would be $125 easily...great quality they are all around

paints apps are superb too...nice green granite/marble look

They did come out great. Really quite impressed with them and passed that on to the folks at Noble.

Photos look great - thanks for sharing, especially as I don't think this is available over here!! :( Pity as its quite a nice looking piece.

Wow. Looks fantastic. I couldn't swing the $79 this time so I went with the Lego Legolas Exclusive.

I'm saving up for whatever the special extended edition is.

You can order them through Amazon in the US.

How heavy are they though? Shipping would be killer to send them overseas.

Yeah I did think about doing that, but I was concerned about the shipping costs, as they look quite heavy. Possibly heavier than the Argonath ones. Hopefully some will become available over here eventually so I can get them! :pray: Part of the enjoyment of collecting (for me anyway) is tracking down the pieces I want - so just looks like I will have to get searching!! :)

Yeah I did think about doing that, but I was concerned about the shipping costs, as they look quite heavy. Possibly heavier than the Argonath ones. Hopefully some will become available over here eventually so I can get them! :pray: Part of the enjoyment of collecting (for me anyway) is tracking down the pieces I want - so just looks like I will have to get searching!! :)

Have you tried just putting it in your Amazon cart to see how much it would cost to deliver this to the UK? I ordered this through Amazon and my shipping was only $6.48 and I live in Australia!

Back