Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it slipped onto his elbow.
yes, that's what i hope for.

strange, but every next photo looks worse and worse. especially this one:

DSCN62423.JPG

not only his face looks as stupid as it was on an old version;
but overall head color dismatches the body color stronger than on an old version.

lrg-predator-007.jpg

completely wrong face. again. i'm sad. looking over all recent new figures, i guess only robocop branch hired a sculptor, all the rest use cheap labor.

Last edited:
Dude, it's a bad photo. Unless much better pics from the Con show up in the next few days, I'm personally going to wait until OMG, Luka, Jingobell, and the rest put up their in-hand pics before I pronounce final judgement on this guy.

Kinda disappointed that they seem to have molded the inner brow quills and even more so that they stuck with the steel colored armor, but yeah, it does look pretty good in that video.

every next picture is uglier and uglier, face longer and longer, skin yellower and yellower )))
instead of a correct version of Greyback i'm getting old crap on new body. acceptable, as i planned to do it anyway, and now it's done for me. pity, as nobody else makes 1/6 predators.
(well, even HT doesn't - their predators are 1/7)

every next picture is uglier and uglier, face longer and longer, skin yellower and yellower )))
instead of a correct version of Greyback i'm getting old crap on new body. pity, as nobody else makes 1/6 predators.
(well, even HT doesn't - their predators are 1/7)
Did you mean 1/7? cause 1/5 would mean you think ht preds are to big to be 1/6. I've just never heard anyone accuse ht of making the preds to big.

He means 1/7 because he's accusing them of being too small. 14" isn't really proper 1/6 scale for a Predator. Needs to be a bit bigger. Like two inches bigger.

Having that said, these new pics have me satisfied. A little miffed that his face looks longer, but the paintjob appears to be much better. The skin has that pale, sickly, whiteish-yellow look that the costume had and the pattern on the crown is beautiful.

predator2elderheadworkingon.jpg

Did you mean 1/7? cause 1/5 would mean you think ht preds are to big to be 1/6. I've just never heard anyone accuse ht of making the preds to big.
i wrote 1/5 at first because i mixed up the scales.
as for 1/7, Blade3327 explained it perfectly.
you see, KPH was 220 cm, plus predator feet & artificial head with a crown - it had to be no less than 240 cm.
no less than 240 / 6 = no less than 40 cm, may be more.
how high are HT predators?

============

i miss the medkit of original HT predators :(

The skin has that pale, sickly, whiteish-yellow look that the costume had
predator2elderheadworkingon.jpg
my opinion is that's an extremely yellow photo, in the same light with these:

grayback_zps8bfb2817.jpg~original

grayback-1_zpsca151590.jpg~original

see how yellow are the walls and how green is the covering layer?

i think that happened to many photos from that photoset of SW studio. look how yellow P2 himself is.

post-1293-1186085287.jpg~original

even Winston himself is yellow:

stuff_02.jpg~original

but here is the same Greyback body next to the same wall, but this time it's more white:

LostHunters_31_zps5a08c44c.jpg~original

you can see how much colder Greyback's color is compared to Boar on the right side. and Boar is less yellow than the new HT figure.

post-1515-129200081865_zps6f8453ae.jpg~original

in order of reducing yellow tint: HT Elder > movie Boar > movie Greyback.

and if his actual colors are like these:

DSCN62423.JPG

...it makes the body color a little more pleasant (still not same to original) but leaves a total color dismatch between head and body :panic:

also shame on painters for making almost invisible those big spots on hips and body sides

14072502188c0d7eee1631819c.jpg

cheap dots all over the skin instead of fuzzy, diffused spots - and silver armor of course.

the guy looks like AVP with that long face and paint scheme :(

140725021874db9d39e0313a4e.jpg

also what the hell is with that zone between waist belt and hip belts??? it should be covered with flexible "trousers".

14072502188c0d7eee1631819c.jpg

when Moguchiy H sent them a perfect set of photos and explanations, he forgot that detail (i checked saved pics now). and they didn't fix it.

Last edited:
Back