1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a heavy heart I cancelled mine yesterday. I love the character, and it looks really good, but it just doesn't fit in with the direction that my collecting is going, unfortunately. Just don't go much in the way of 1:6 figures any more, even though there's some great ones coming up. That said, I would definitely find room for a PF version if it ever happened, though.

I may buckle anyway and re-order if it turns out really nice, because I've been a fan since first seeing the film during the mid 80's video boom (I'm old... :p). But even if I do, I don't feel like the EX is that essential here anyway, so missing out on that wouldn't bother me any.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of this when it arrives either way.

Calling it that is too kind :lol

Yeah, the CGI in that movie would make a SyFy original cringe... and they added quite a bit of it. Like the personal submarine segment, just godawful :lol

Escape from New York is a movie that never had a sequel imo, just like The Matrix, Robocop and Conan the Barbarian :lecture

Yeah, the CGI in that movie would make a SyFy original cringe... and they added quite a bit of it. Like the personal submarine segment, just godawful :lol

Escape from New York is a movie that never had a sequel imo, just like The Matrix, Robocop and Conan the Barbarian :lecture

:goodpost:

All are self-contained. That submarine sequence... >_>

One of many 90s films with horrendous CGI that came out after Jurassic Park and T2 :lol

Even 20 years later, they're still bench mark films of the CGI industry.

NY and LA feel like different interpretations of the same character and world to me - like Adam West Batman and Burton Batman. Each have their charms, but tonally they are way different. Escape from NY is one of my favorite films, but I appreciate LA for it's goofiness.

What really bothered me is that it was just way too damn similar to the overall plot of EFNY. I mean I know most sequels use rehashed plot mechanics, but it was essentially a poorer version of EFNY with a few new bells and whistles.

Agreed... just kind of a sad cashgrab film. Even Russel seemed like he would rather be doing something else :lol

There are some cool scenes. Some great visuals, and nice mirror moments from the first movie to this. I know almost everything is mirrored, but there are a few standout moments that never happened in the first that were cool in the second one.
What do you say we play a little bangkok rules?

LA is my favourite of the two.

I hope they make a LA version or somebody makes a custom upgrade for the NY to turn it into a the LA version.

As for the all of the cancellations I bet people are afraid of this turning out like Nathan Drake coupled with the explosion of awesome stuff just announced at SDCC means they don't want to take a chance and put the money towards the awesome upcoming stuff.

But the theme song for LA killed the PacMan theme from EFNY.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Snake was always cooler than the campy sequel he was featured in.

But, anyone who disses the EFNY theme song needs a good, hard trouncing on the behind :lecture.

Back