Prisoners

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do we assume

Spoiler Spoiler:

So do we assume

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty much

Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved the ending.
Very clever and subtle.
I mean the way its set.
THAT is great director's work.

If like me you loved the style of Villeneuve but want a more non straightforward story you have to check ENEMY when it will be out.
See it with friends who like slow burning movies, art films because you will want to discuss it after :)

Pretty much

Spoiler Spoiler:

I totally agree with you on that point. It would have been too Hollywood and killed the film's ending. I loved this film but it ain't for everyone. The subject matter is horrific and the film is all the more disturbing because they don't pull any punches. One of the best of 2013.

Masterpiece.
Villeneuve is gonna become very big.
I had the chance to see the film he s done right after Prisoners, its called ENEMY again with Jake Gylhenhal and its another superb movie.
More esoteric and metaphisical than his previous movies.
Incredibly good and again beautifully shot.
I really cant wait for his next project.
Oh and Check also INCENDIES it won the oscar fr Best foreign movie, very tough hard movie but really really good.
Seriously guys Check ALL of his movies the guy is a genius.

Heisenberg
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with you sir on all counts. Incendies is fantastic and I am really looking forward to seeing Enemy. Villeneuve is amazing and coupled with Roger Deakins cinematography, you've got an instant classic in Prisoners.

Just watched this on HBO. My heart was in my stomach 80% of the movie. Being a dad of two girls did not help my emotions. I cried several times and got the chills a couple times too. I seriously can't remember (if ever) the last time I got goosebumps watching a movie.

Terrific acting but I can see how the subject matter would be too heavy for some.

Pretty good film. I was slightly distracted by having to pause midway through to get my kids from the neighbor's house, so I might need a second view through.

I may have missed it, but was it ever mentioned why Detective Loki have that "tick" where he was blinking heavily at times?

Pretty good film. I was slightly distracted by having to pause midway through to get my kids from the neighbor's house, so I might need a second view through.

I may have missed it, but was it ever mentioned why Detective Loki have that "tick" where he was blinking heavily at times?

It's just a mannerism, it's something people have that they really can't control. I had a friend like that growing up that would blink his eyes non stop and his face would scrunch up when he did it like he was trying really hard to do it but he had no control over it. It's strange and I'm not sure why Jake did that for this film but I think it adds a bit of depth to him, like something happened to him a long time ago that messed him up which is why he tries so hard at being a detective, but at the end of the day we'll never really know.

Or atleast I don't think it was ever said lol

It's just a mannerism, it's something people have that they really can't control. I had a friend like that growing up that would blink his eyes non stop and his face would scrunch up when he did it like he was trying really hard to do it but he had no control over it. It's strange and I'm not sure why Jake did that for this film but I think it adds a bit of depth to him, like something happened to him a long time ago that messed him up which is why he tries so hard at being a detective, but at the end of the day we'll never really know.

Or atleast I don't think it was ever said lol

Yeah, I know it was a mannerism, and referring to your bolded passage, that's what I thought too. I seem to remember it being mentioned that he either grew up in an ophanage / group home or something...or did I make that up in my head?

I thought maybe that he was so obsessed with finding the girls that he may have had something happen to him growing up or knew someone that something happened to. Like you said, it added depth to his character, and we'll never know.

Back