It's Official, We Bought A House!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, and thank all.

It's best to paint a house any color you wish because it's your house. Express yourself.

That's the new quote! ;)

If you were familiar with the work of Faber Birren, expert on the psychological effects of color, you would realize that color has an intrinsic affect on people.

Blue inhibits appetite, which is the reason for blue plate specials, and red stimulates appetite, to encorage people to eat more, which is why so many restaurant table cloths are red.

It is also true that lighter colors make rooms brighter with less lighting, which costs less money, but if you can afford to pay more for electricity, paint it a dark color if you like.

^I've heard about that. Supposedly, fast food joints use yellow and red in their logos to make you hungry. As it happens, I just finished eating French fries from Micky Dee's :drool. Going back for seconds. I couldn't care less about their mind control.

I seem to have a lot of green in my house. :) And I agree with BG - let your personality go wild! That's the great thing about owning vs. renting.

Back