Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for SS Alex: Will all the Slattern statues have the "flesh-colored rock" painting problem, or will this be limited to just the first batch? I haven't ordered mine yet, and I'm wondering if I should wait and see what transpires here. Now that the mistake has been brought to light, is SS having their current/future Slatterns painted correctly? As collectors, we love to gripe, but this is without question a legitimate error; I can't believe SS would continue having rocky terrain painted flesh color just to be consistent with the mis-painted statues that were already issued.

Question for SS Alex: Will all the Slattern statues have the "flesh-colored rock" painting problem, or will this be limited to just the first batch? I haven't ordered mine yet, and I'm wondering if I should wait and see what transpires here. Now that the mistake has been brought to light, is SS having their current/future Slatterns painted correctly? As collectors, we love to gripe, but this is without question a legitimate error; I can't believe SS would continue having rocky terrain painted flesh color just to be consistent with the mis-painted statues that were already issued.

Not that problems shouldn't be fixed, but I'd be pretty pissed if I got a vastly inferior paint job because I ordered early. If something is a big enough problem to fix on a second batch, the problem should be taken care of for any previous batches as well.

I absolutely agree, SurlyJ. That's why I'm curious about SS Alex's point-of-view. If commissioned SS painters are mis-painting Slattern statues even as we speak, they should be stopped in their tracks right now; if they're not, it's because SS doesn't consider this error important enough to correct. That's dead-wrong thinking, especially since it means moving forward with incorrectly-painted statues, to match the ones in the market already. And if they start painting them correctly, early buyers who got "stuck" will have a right to be pissed. Only solution? Given the premium price for the statue, SS should indeed offer correctly-painted versions to those early buyers, while at the same time assure current customers that the unfortunate mistake has been acknowledged and corrected. Then we'll all have properly-colored Slatterns/rocks and that will be that. Alex... ?

Is the base on this even meant to light up??

No, but I believe that's where the electronics and battery compartment are. They told me there was a rattling around in the base and that the light up function didn't work, and I suppose the switch is on the base like it usually is.

No, but I believe that's where the electronics and battery compartment are. They told me there was a rattling around in the base and that the light up function didn't work, and I suppose the switch is on the base like it usually is.
Yeah it's in the base just like on the Knifehead statue.

With all the new pics of the lights in now all the kaiji and Striker, I can believe there will be lights in Gypsy Danger, but I refuse to pull the trigger until they update the photos or I see them from someone in-hand. Heck even the slattern product page doesn't mention it comes with lights

Ahh I see what you mean, I hope they get it sorted soon for you.

Yep, and he's an SS customer... he's probably sat in their offices now trying to convince them to make legendary scale Kaiju ;)

So have anyone here join the Stan Winston Kaiju Project? :dance

image_medium502fbc10958ea9325e96dd1fcd81c29b.png

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/the-kaiju-project-making-giant-monsters#

:)

My piece's neck lights up in parts when I turn on the light, like the head was not completely painted over. Has anyone else had that issue? Otherwise completely happy with this baby.

message SS and let them know about it. They will probably give you a small discount for the trouble and should be able to tell you which paint was used to save you a little hassle when it comes to matching colours.

I emailed SS and they replied right away with a few options, including return, but I liked the piece so much I'd rather just spackle with a little paint and enjoy it.

Back