ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

How happy would you be when a bunch of idiots are posting pic after pic of bootleg figures talking about how good they are and how happy they are with their purchase of said bootlegs in your official licensed product thread?
:lecture:lecture

Fair point but it wouldn't be about him being happy. If I were him it would be about managing expectations and keeping anxiety customers informed so that they're less likely to lose patience/interest. His silence fuels conjecture.

Fair point but it wouldn't be about him being happy. If I were him it would be about managing expectations and keeping anxiety customers informed so that they're less likely to lose patience/interest. His silence fuels conjecture.

It's not really up to him though.
He just relays info as he gets it.

I know. Not blaming him as an individual. He was very helpful and informative when he was here. I'm saying the prolonged silence doesn't help the situation for 3 zero. Even if you said we're working hard on perfecting the figures. or thanks for your patience, but want to make sure we get this right. Just something that quiets the barking dogs.

I think most ppl want a licensed version of a figure because it's (usually) a better product and more cheaply produced. I think ppl are willing to wait, but there has to be some hope that this going somewhere. And when you go quiet for a long period of time you invite ppl to start questioning if the license was pulled, the artist left, there was a giant plague of locusts, whatever. Then ppl are more likely to pull the trigger on a bootleg. Just my theory.

It's about the environment which seems a bit hostile. We have a rep from a company who's manufacturing a product for a license we've been chomping at the bit for, and how is he thanked? Douchebags promoting those who're stealing money from his company vs. talking about his product. Not the kinda place I'd want to happily post about product in, let alone try to work with that same community to develop a better product. And though it's cleaned up now, there were pages and pages of that garbage in this thread.

Still no reason to stop posting. There were some "douchbags", as you call them, but the predominate audience in this thread is and was ready to support this line...still are!

The biggest threat is people losing interest due to their lack of engagement, announcements or even anymore sneak peaks. Folks just tend to move on...

Still no reason to stop posting. There were some "douchbags", as you call them, but the predominate audience in this thread is and was ready to support this line...still are!

The biggest threat is people losing interest due to their lack of engagement, announcements or even anymore sneak peaks. Folks just tend to move on...

Yeah, as BM and I mentioned earlier, that's the biggest threat facing this line ATM. Especially with the ADD generation. While there are some of us who are patient and still eagerly awaiting official releases, announcements, previews, etc., unfortunately two pets isn't enough to satiate a majority interest.

In fact the opposite is the case. I can see people buying the bootlegs to add them to their pets.

The only advantage 3Zero still has is the fact that their bodoes look very proportionate, while the Iminime and Redman stuff are made for muscular bodies (too big).

Nevertheless I admit that I am still debating getting the Redman sets. Cant do that much wrong for 80, can you?

I know. Not blaming him as an individual. He was very helpful and informative when he was here. I'm saying the prolonged silence doesn't help the situation for 3 zero. Even if you said we're working hard on perfecting the figures. or thanks for your patience, but want to make sure we get this right. Just something that quiets the barking dogs.

I think most ppl want a licensed version of a figure because it's (usually) a better product and more cheaply produced. I think ppl are willing to wait, but there has to be some hope that this going somewhere. And when you go quiet for a long period of time you invite ppl to start questioning if the license was pulled, the artist left, there was a giant plague of locusts, whatever. Then ppl are more likely to pull the trigger on a bootleg. Just my theory.

Thats true, i have my Self to keep me away from this awesome bootleg figures. I really Hope That ThreeZero will Show us something in october

In fact the opposite is the case. I can see people buying the bootlegs to add them to their pets.

The only advantage 3Zero still has is the fact that their bodoes look very proportionate, while the Iminime and Redman stuff are made for muscular bodies (too big).

Nevertheless I admit that I am still debating getting the Redman sets. Cant do that much wrong for 80, can you?

I took the other route. As much as I'd like to support this line, their website is frustrating (can't find the pets) and I have zero interest in picking up the pets until I see a Michonne. Too many companies, from SSC and HT on down, have let licenses expire without filling major holes and I'd hate to get stuck with the $250 investment of a couple of pets and no Michonne...

Honestly, I think Merle would've been a better choice to start the line. He's great as a standalone release. The pets? Not so much. Here's hoping that when the new season debuts we get bombarded with releases and previews of upcoming products, including a Michonne so that I can finally pick up the pets. :lol

If they don't ride the hype of the new season in October, I'll question the company's wisdom. Personally, I only really want a sheriff rick, but they might have a hard time selling other versions of characters if they wait too long after they have been featured in the series.

I took the other route. As much as I'd like to support this line, their website is frustrating (can't find the pets) and I have zero interest in picking up the pets until I see a Michonne. Too many companies, from SSC and HT on down, have let licenses expire without filling major holes and I'd hate to get stuck with the $250 investment of a couple of pets and no Michonne...

Honestly, I think Merle would've been a better choice to start the line. He's great as a standalone release. The pets? Not so much. Here's hoping that when the new season debuts we get bombarded with releases and previews of upcoming products, including a Michonne so that I can finally pick up the pets. :lol

I think items go away from their site after the pre-order period ends, so I think the Pets are no longer available directly through them. They've been doing a pre-order window of a few weeks or so and then their exclusive version sells out. Not sure if they put up any standard editions after that or not as I've only ordered the exclusives.

With the announcement that Ned Stark's exclusive is Ice, I'm worried that they'll be making other key accessories exclusive for the Walking Dead. Could you imagine if they made Rick's revolver his exclusive? Or maybe his Sheriff hat? Stuff like that should be standard with exclusives being cool, but not really must-have accessories. Keeping major accessories as exclusives can easily backfire on them as people would only want the direct exclusive and end up leaving retailers with unwanted items.

I think items go away from their site after the pre-order period ends, so I think the Pets are no longer available directly through them. They've been doing a pre-order window of a few weeks or so and then their exclusive version sells out. Not sure if they put up any standard editions after that or not as I've only ordered the exclusives.

With the announcement that Ned Stark's exclusive is Ice, I'm worried that they'll be making other key accessories exclusive for the Walking Dead. Could you imagine if they made Rick's revolver his exclusive? Or maybe his Sheriff hat? Stuff like that should be standard with exclusives being cool, but not really must-have accessories. Keeping major accessories as exclusives can easily backfire on them as people would only want the direct exclusive and end up leaving retailers with unwanted items.

I remember back in the day when Sideshow was going through those growing pains, like Bib Fortuna's staff. :lol

Any word on a new release??? Seems like it's been 6 months since any form of a "sneak peek".

I think that most people are right: AMC is probably stalling ThreeZero in some way. I just wish they would make a statement saying so and maybe even an ETA. I am fine with patiently waiting for the figures, but this lack of ANY information is bordering on annoying.

It's killing me we haven't seen anymore from this line yet. I'm waiting on the Human characters and I hate looking in the for sale section for customs. Come on Threezero! Better have something to release for us soon.:impatient:

Look at the bright side. They could have announced the next character is Andrea. :(

andrea.jpg

If the figure looked good I would buy Andrea. She shouldn't be released next, but I'd buy that figure.

Not sure.
I really hate her overacting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure.
I really hate her overacting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think you're the only one there. Most of us were glad as that whole situation was some of the worst writing the show's had to offer. :lol

Back