Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

He cancelled and lost his NRD last week.

Alex said a 'significant' delay but that's open to interpretation.

Unless they specifically state a number it should'nt matter, at least not legally. I'd personally call anything over 3 months significant.

6 months is pushing it and a year is just plain robbery.

I shall await my flex schedule update! Was hoping to have this all flexed up and delivered so that I can order prime 1 bumblebee whenever it goes up for po hahaha

Just cancelled mine and got NRD transfered over to Big Chap! :yess:

Just cancelled mine and got NRD transfered over to Big Chap! :yess:
First time transfer or they agreed because of the delay?

That's a few cancellations now, I can see more dropping this.
Hoping mine doesn't convert...yet!

Were none of you guys cancelling tempted to flip him?

Can't imagine the EX losing money, I'd probably have kept him... and have.

I can also see the reg having its ES lowered. I imagine it wont be easy to shift 1000 of those at $1200 a go.

Can't see them lowering the Reg ES. They will probably just make small batches when needed.
Selling all 1,000...Doubtful!

I'm thinking local retailers will need to reduce them to shift.

First time transfer or they agreed because of the delay?

That's a few cancellations now, I can see more dropping this.
Hoping mine doesn't convert...yet!

Were none of you guys cancelling tempted to flip him?

No I've had many nrds transfered before you just gotta be nice about it. Live chat works best. I said the delay was too long for me and they said ok.

I may regret it cause I probably could have flipped for some profit down the road but i thought for the most part people didnt care for the ex on this piece and its already expensive enough as is not sure how much i could realistically get. Big chap is coming soon so putting that extra 100 nrd on him will help me.

I have one flex payment due tomorrow and two more pending. No change in schedule though. Yet at least. I wonder it they would allow me to move the money paid lol

Can't imagine the EX losing money

Why can't you imagine the ex losing money? At $1000+ it is the norm a statue loses money, only a small percentage of the 1k+ releases retain their retail price, and even a smaller subset that increase in value.

Given the imperfections already highlighted, the 1000 ES of the regular, and the lackluster ex accessory. It will take a miracle for this piece to retain its original value in the long run. Only way I see it happening is if sideshow fixes those errors and reduce the regular version ES for a quick sell out.

. . . Given the imperfections already highlighted, the 1000 ES of the regular, and the lackluster ex accessory. It will take a miracle for this piece to retain its original value in the long run. Only way I see it happening is if sideshow fixes those errors and reduce the regular version ES for a quick sell out.

Oh my Lemmy - wouldn't THAT be good news! I might even convert to being a Country fan if that happened :horror

(* OK - let's not go totally pear-shaped here - it's not THAT big a deal . . . . . . disco maybe? *)

Why can't you imagine the ex losing money? At $1000+ it is the norm a statue loses money, only a small percentage of the 1k+ releases retain their retail price, and even a smaller subset that increase in value.

Given the imperfections already highlighted, the 1000 ES of the regular, and the lackluster ex accessory. It will take a miracle for this piece to retain its original value in the long run. Only way I see it happening is if sideshow fixes those errors and reduce the regular version ES for a quick sell out.

I don't think it will gain value, but I also think the EX will at least maintain. The EX may be completely useless but people will still want the EX version over the regular. I said myself a few posts above they will probably struggle to shift all of the regulars at that price and due to the reasons you mentioned. But there will always be somebody that wants one, people arrive in this hobby all of the time and not everybody is as picky as us. They will want the EX over the reg if the opportunity arises, it has a nice low ES which also helps. Just my opinion, you are of course welcome to disagree. Time will tell.

I asked Alex about the delay, her answer was a very good one and hopefully bodes well for the production versions of this guy, I am happy to wait personally.

Hey Alex, not that I mind personally and I realise these things can and do happen, just interested. Is there any specific reason that the P2 maquette has been knocked back by 4 months to Feb 2015? Many thanks.

We weren't happy with the product just yet and need more time to ensure what is produced is an amazing piece for customer's collections.

Lol my EX wait list just converted :lol
Do you know when you got on the WL?
Got a feeling mine may convert soon, been a few cancellations and this delay might prompt more.

Don't want the same debate to order or not. Was hoping for inhand picthres before any conversion.

I'd guess it's more the factory botching the job verses SS making changes to the statue.

Back