1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics before I take the leap and mod him

DSC_0996(resize).jpg

DSC_0997(resized).jpg

DSC_1001(resize).jpg

DSC_1003(resize).jpg

Rubbing hot or cold wax on this suit sounds like a horrible idea, but it's your figure man :lol

I pour melted candle wax all over my figures, it keeps them safe.

been a week now and no stickiness despite the humidity. you wouldn't even notice that it has little, rubbed candle wax.

and yes it was only now that i parted out the arms and the legs. :wave

Good for you man & glad it all worked out :wink1:

thanks! hope this really holds up

Why are you using a clear stand with this?

that's a place holder only hyok hyok. getting a Christopher Reeve crotch grabber so all will fit inside that glass case in the background. The default waist grabber will not go near him ;)

Getting very jealous of all the amazing pics of this guy, he looks so good!
I'm sill waiting for mine from Toy HQ (UK) :impatient: seems that some have already received theirs, I was told Wednesday (today) but haven't had shipping notice yet, so the earliest now will be Friday. :pray:

These aren't selling out like the way they used to. Months and months after release and still many in stock. Even Batmobiles and T-800s.

Contemplating sending mine off for a repaint by owen1313...that looks awesome and definitely spot on bt price is a lil steep for me. If i still my extra one I'd prolly bite. If u havnt seen it check it out in the custom thread

Contemplating sending mine off for a repaint by owen1313...that looks awesome and definitely spot on bt price is a lil steep for me. If i still my extra one I'd prolly bite. If u havnt seen it check it out in the custom thread

I'd do it if I wasn't getting the PF which has the proper colors

I finally got mine, too. I wanted to add him to my DC-roster. First of all, he looks quite good in hand. Really good likeness of Henry Cavill, really really good. The only thing I would mention about the painting: perhaps they over-did on the brown spots. You know, to simulate the human skin they add little sprinkles which drastically increases the look, normally. But for the mms200 (mainly on the hands) it seems a bit much. But honestly, if you're not a complete nut job you won't be looking at the paint job with a loupe, like I do (literally). So this won't bother most people. Secondly he is quite huge. He is a bully compared to my DX02 and DX11. Even though Kal-El is supposed to be very large, Henry Cavill is not. He isn't even 1/6 as he is well above 31 and reaching 32cm. This equals 192cm whereas Cavill is only 185cm. But looking at him alone, he does make a formidable impression. He is present and heroic. I really like his stern facial expression.

In some of the prototype images he looks extremely bulky, almost chubby. Trust me, they improved that along the production. Of the mms200. He looks like a very muscular human being now. I will be doing the cape mod, removing the bulk from the neck/shoulder to make him look even more human.
Then I think he will be perfect.

So far I have to display him alone. Neither DX02 or DX11 are in scale with him.
I wonder though, is this a fluke or a new trend? I don't own any post mms200 figures. But I heard something about the Wolverine being taller, too. Any insight on that? Will future releases be as large as Cavill (31-32cm or ~12.5 inch)?

Back