Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'm glad you enjoyed the pilot! I watched the trailer, and it just doesn't look like it's going to be for me, but that's for letting me know!

Cap has gotten some of the best movie costumes ever, I love those, just not the avengers one, but there rest are gold.

Even his show costume looked good.

I agree. They did a really great job with those costumes! I wasn't a fan of his Avengers costume, but the Avengers 2 design looks really interesting!

Soooo...when is Gal Gadot taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in the nude....I mean her costume?

Did you do that? Great job on the edit! Unfortunately I don't think the new Flash show will be for me. I can't stand Arrow, but I enjoyed Smallville a lot, and I know many hate it, so to each their own. I just loved Michael Rosenbaum's Lex and John Glover's Lionel Luthor.

No, it's a photo I found online. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the CW...and I hate the Flash costume, but I'll give the show a chance. I'm looking forward to Gotham though.

Did you do that? Great job on the edit! Unfortunately I don't think the new Flash show will be for me. I can't stand Arrow, but I enjoyed Smallville a lot, and I know many hate it, so to each their own. I just loved Michael Rosenbaum's Lex and John Glover's Lionel Luthor.

Michael Rosenbaum's Lex is my definitive Lex. I don't think anyone will ever top him for me. Right from the start, I thought he was absolutely amazing. The reason I tuned into Smallville was the Lex and Clark friendship and Rosenbaum is the first and foremost reason I watched it as long as I did. But I have no trouble admitting I adored the show in the earlier seasons (and there are still some things I liked in the later seasons in spite of the issues I had with it).

Michael Rosenbaum's Lex is my definitive Lex. I don't think anyone will ever top him for me. Right from the start, I thought he was absolutely amazing. The reason I tuned into Smallville was the Lex and Clark friendship and Rosenbaum is the first and foremost reason I watched it as long as I did. But I have no trouble admitting I adored the show in the earlier seasons (and there are still some things I liked in the later seasons in spite of the issues I had with it).

I really liked how they developed their relationship as well. I actually thought the 9th season was one of the best. I never cared for Zod in the comics, and that season made me a fan of his.

The Gal bashing is pretty stupid at this point guys, you just look dumb now.

Yeah, I agree. We get it... she's skinny. She may not have bulked up as much as you preferred, but she's no where near as skin and bones as you guys are saying. I saw her in person at SDCC and she looked fantastic and she was standing next to Henry and Ben. She didn't look like a twig, she held her own. I'm not worried one bit about her performance visually.

I think the Amazing Spiderman 2 costume is up there in the top 3, imo. It's flawless.

Ditto. I'm probably one of the few people who absolutely loved that movie and felt like it was the best Spider-Man movie, I loved all of them actually, but besides that I thought the costume was unbelievably stunning. Just look at the change from the first movie to the second...

amazing-spider-man-2-costume-revealed-by-marvel.jpg

Andrew Garfield nailed the Steve Ditko drawn Peter Parker but I felt like I was watching Steve Ditko's Spider-Man come to life in that movie.

Can't wait until Batman v. Superman. I loved Man of Steel and the leaked video footage from SDCC made me mark the f' out. The rush it gave me was incomparable.

Really looking forward to the character development of Superman. Man of Steel was a great origin story but now it's time to dig deep and see what makes Superman tick. Which is why I think Lex Luthor is the best villain.

Also, really looking forward to the future of the DC Cinematic Universe. Man of Steel was a great #0 issue/story. Having Wonder Woman show up opens her universe and hopefully we'll see more characters. I know Cyborg is in it, The Rock is planned for a Shazam movie, and Jason Mamoa is still rumored for Aquaman.

Isn't Warner Bros. supposed to reveal what those planned movies were later this month?

Ditto. I'm probably one of the few people who absolutely loved that movie and felt like it was the best Spider-Man movie, I loved all of them actually, but besides that I thought the costume was unbelievably stunning. Just look at the change from the first movie to the second...

Andrew Garfield nailed the Steve Ditko drawn Peter Parker but I felt like I was watching Steve Ditko's Spider-Man come to life in that movie.

It's a masterpiece in every way compared to TMNT.

Published August 27, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Warner Bros Says DC Superhero Movies Are Serious Business

Is there a 'no jokes' policy in the DC Movieverse?

The other day Drew McWeeny and I were talking after a screening and we discussed something we both heard about the DC movies at Warner Bros, something that had baffled us both when we heard from our sources. Drew wrote about it, so let me quote him:

Last week was about the fifth time I've heard that there is a mandate at Warner Bros. regarding any of the DC superhero films in development, and it's very simple and direct and to the point.

"No jokes."

Drew was as confused by this as I am. He dissects this a bit more in his piece, so allow me to do the same here. See, I don't think we'll never get a joke in a DC movie, but I do think the tone of Man of Steel is probably the tone of the rest of the films. Serious, convinced it's deep, allowed to contain elements that are perhaps chuckle-worthy at best. But there are no comedic relief characters, Superman doesn't display much of a sense of humor, and the overall tone of the thing is 'very serious business.'

They don't want their heroes being funny. They don't want to open their heroes to ridicule. They want to maintain the opposite tone of Marvel, which is to present these characters and their adventures as Important, having Mythic Resonance. They're bringing the DC characters back to their Silver Age roots, which is making them essentially a pantheon of Gods. It was in reaction to this that Marvel created their feet-of-clay characters, and it was that humanity - which included humor - that made the Marvel characters so enormously popular.

I think that Warner Bros, lacking a central Kevin Feige type, has no idea how to make these films work. And coming while Guardians of the Galaxy is being very funny and very successful for Marvel, news of this mandate must make fans wary.

"He's kinda hawt."

Maybe that was their test "joke" and the "no joke" policy was introduced after that, because it failed so badly. In fact it was so cheesy and **** that many people laughed at it in the theatre. I mean how could one piece of perfectly written dialogue, so expertly delivered by a woman with silicone for lips, fall flat on it's face? Won't be doing that again, no sir-ee.

Anyway wasn't the entire second half of MOS a complete joke?

They're bringing the DC characters back to their Silver Age roots, which is making them essentially a pantheon of Gods. It was in reaction to this that Marvel created their feet-of-clay characters, and it was that humanity - which included humor - that made the Marvel characters so enormously popular.
Uh. . .what? Silver age comics lacked humor? Are you ****ing kidding? They were way more bat**** crazy than Marvel back in those days--in fact, that is their major saving grace--even if, admittedly, they weren't written well enough to be genuinely funny like the Marvel stuff by Stan Lee often was, but still. . .

gb099a1c8.jpg

gc13d46cf.jpg

gb8db17e0.jpg

g29de782e.gif

g64a225fb.jpg

Yet more evidence the geniuses at WB's DC studio division have no idea what the hell they're talking about, building this whole universe, apparently on a total misunderstanding about what DC comics used to be like.

"He's kinda hawt."
Credit to WB(?), there were no funny scenes in Man of Steel. . .or Green Lantern, for that matter.

Back