Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't want their heroes being funny. They don't want to open their heroes to ridicule.
They're bringing the DC characters back to their Silver Age roots.

whaa.gif

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I have no problem with the serious take that Warner Bros. is taking with their characters. They tried copying the Marvel Cinematic Universe formula with Green Lantern and it didn't work.

I haven't seen Captain America: Winter Soldier, but ever since Avengers I haven't taken the Marvel Cinematic Universe serious because of the humor being a crutch for almost every movie. Iron Man 3 was the worst comic book movie I've ever seen, even worse than Jonah Hex for me and that was horrible, Thor: The Dark World was 60% great with the Loki/Thor/Asgard scenes and 40% horrific with the Earth characters and the humor that surrounded them, and the only characters I really cared about in the Guardians of the Galaxy were Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Ronan the Accuser. I was honestly hoping for Chris Pratt's Star-Lord to get pulverized by Ronan's universal weapon because I thought he was so *****ing annoying.

Silver Age was off the wall crazy but quite a bit of the stuff was so crazy that it worked well.

The simple fact is that WB are really bad at producing.
They don't know what to do with DC characters these days yet afraid to let it go.

I think we all knew they weren't going to try to be funny, which is fine. But how sloppy is it if they don't even know what Silver Age DC was like, but use that as a justification for. . .whatever it is they are doing. Based on Man of Steel, I can only assume they are confusing DC Comics with EC Comics. The acronyms are pretty close, so I should probably be more understanding. Sorry about that, WB/DC movie execs.

gaea3e30e.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised that by "no jokes" they mean the difference between subtle humor and prioritizing humor and it's typical internet outrage where they're taking it to the extreme. I doubt Warner Bros. wants the Justice League to go out eating shawarma after defeating Doomsday or something.

Maybe that was their test "joke" and the "no joke" policy was introduced after that, because it failed so badly. In fact it was so cheesy and **** that many people laughed at it in the theatre. I mean how could one piece of perfectly written dialogue, so expertly delivered by a woman with silicone for lips, fall flat on it's face? Won't be doing that again, no sir-ee.

Anyway wasn't the entire second half of MOS a complete joke?

Yes, just like the 1st half. :lol

Forgettable looking krypton.

Jor-el acting like Gandolf

Jor-el acting like Jean Claude Van Damme

Codex nonsense

Dildo ships

Forgettable looking Phantom Zone

Forgettable looking krypton.

Jor-el acting like Gandolf

Jor-el acting like Jean Claude Van Damme

Codex nonsense

Dildo ships

Forgettable looking Phantom Zone
I had forgotten about the little wiener ships. :lol
I guess I find the first half more tolerable because of Crowe.

Yeah, Crowe was the one thing I really liked about the film. But good, charismatic actor will only get you so far in a movie.

Back