Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes finally more pics )
5x10, looking at your pics i feel so lucky that i didn't buy old ED for $500 three years ago ))

though several questions:

elbow doesn't look as metal and smooth as it was on Rorywan's pics or promo photos or movie dolls O_O is it an illusion?
i now notice that the right arm has the hand pic upside down, its RUINED!!!!(jk :) )
it is metal and smooth looking, prior pictures were an example of bad lighting and poor picture taking, got the lighting right in these

why is the barrel bent down, or is it an illusion?

illusion and another instance of poor picture taking
promotional photos promised (PPP hehe) lots of wires in that area under toes, where are they all? :(

8C69F134-6836-4C66-BA8F-ADF9D45FDCDB.jpg

here they are, not really exposed from the top down, hidden a little underneath, very exposed from the back(it

answers above

also realised why i couldnt get my ed to look straight ahead as he always had a downward angle to him, it was in the front toes, the HT promo pic in the office showed me how the toe was extended, makes a big difference, thanks

Last edited:
5x10
thanks for clarifying, i got worried for a moment, remembering the issue with Classic Predator different paintings. rep added )

5x10
thanks for clarifying, i got worried for a moment, remembering the issue with Classic Predator different paintings. rep added )
your welcome and thanks for the rep

And my main complaint with the ed 209 is how they dropped the ball on the audio effect
I just listened necas ed 209 sound clips on youtube and they blow hot toys out of the water, both in terms of accuracy and length of clips
This one has 4-5, 3-5 second clips where the neca has 5-10 second clips and are movie authentic
Shouldn't be the case when the ht version is 5-6times the cost

Last edited:
Some of these photos are making me really look forward to the Robocain. The metallic look of ED-209's elbow joints looks so much more convincing than the Ironmonger metallic look, which isn't bad. HT must be using a new metallic paint and/or process, because the metal simulation is getting very good. Robocain WILL rock.

If it ever gets made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your welcome and thanks for the rep

And my main complaint with the ed 209 is how they dropped the ball on the audio effect
I just listened necas ed 209 sound clips on youtube and they blow hot toys out of the water, both in terms of accuracy and length of clips
This one has 4-5, 3-5 second clips where the neca has 5-10 second clips and are movie authentic
Shouldn't be the case when the ht version is 5-6times the cost

Whats sad is the neca ED has crappy speakers and didnt sound that great, but its 10X bettet than then what HT did :slap

To avoid perspective distortion in pictures I have better luck by positioning my camera further away and then zooming in vs. getting your camera up real close. It seems like the further the camera is away from the object, the more accurate the proportions, assuming you aren't trying to have that forced perspective look.

To avoid perspective distortion in pictures I have better luck by positioning my camera further away and then zooming in vs. getting your camera up real close. It seems like the further the camera is away from the object, the more accurate the proportions, assuming you aren't trying to have that forced perspective look.
All I have is a poverty iPhone camera

These pics are so freaking cool.
I've got my figure collection shelves lining the walls of my hobby room and currently they are only 12" in width... *sigh*, which means I'm going to have to replace at least one shelf with a 16" inch wide shelf so I can fit ED comfortably, which means taking all the figures down, replacing the shelf etc. *sigh* But, I've got to do it. I have to have ED up there to rule over the rest of the team. It would kill me to have him just sitting below on the desk or something.

Back