Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be a kiddie fest.
Zero interest in it TBH.

This could also suggest that Episode VII will be reasonably light in tone.
Disney are not going to build up a large 10 year old audience and them blast them into space with a more adult EPVII.

The trailer seems to mirror A New Hope a bit too much for my liking. But if they announce Captain Rex makes an appearance I'll def tune in.

Yeah, they're established characters, I know. :lol

It's just that whole clone wars era / marketing period - I'm completely over it, & I hope Disney is too.

Well he probably wouldn't be a clone trooper anymore. They can do so much with him. But then again they also aged so quickly.

.......Yeah, so I'm looking forward to this with cautious optimism. My only grip so far is the new cadre of heroes. I mean, I love Jedi, but, isn't that what the prequels and the CW were about? Was hoping for a new direction, not Freddie Prinze Jr. as some mash-up Obi-Wan/Han Solo with another angsty kid with (shock!) Force Powers!

At this point I willing to believe that it will be like CW in that the first season or so might be kind of kiddie-orientated, with more mature stories happening as the characters become more established.

....I mean, let's face it, all we really want is for this to run a couple of years before Darth Vader steps out in the series finale and kills every last one of them. :lol

You know, I am ashamed to admit, but ut hasn't hit me that Vader will be pretty much the top dog throughout this cartoon's run. At least it shouldn't be too hard to re-establish Vader as a total badass after what the prequels did to him.

I'm in the same boat. I love clone wars and I'm sure that they'll do a good job, especially since its the same crew working on it. I'm just nervous that Disney is going to make this even more for kids. I realize it's a kids show more or less. So was clone wars but they also aimed it at an adult audience as well. There were darker episodes and they didn't shy away from violence. I mean you see aliens and clones get blasted, impaled, and I think even decapitated. If they can keep the same feel for rebels as clone wars did, I'll be happy. But when you give the main character a wrist mounted slingshot.....it worries me.

This boat is getting crowded! I'm also in there.

Ezra looks like he should be training a black baby dragon. I hate it when they put kids as the main characters. So far he is the weakest link. Having said that Ahsoka became a really cool character with good stories.

Zeb - He is based on McQuarrie's original Chewie though he ain't no wookie! What is he? Will they explain the existence of yet another alien species in a galaxy where we've seen everything?

Kanan has potential to be a cool character. We'll have to wait and see.

Sabine...she's mandalorian! Nuf said! She'll be awesome!

Chopper - Hard to say. All droid based episodes of CW were snooze fests so we'll have to wait and see.

The Inquisitor - Like Grievous he has a lightsaber but no force powers. He has potential.

Hera - Has potential as well to be a cool character.

Since its the same crew doing the show it should have the same quality as CW did. They've honed they're skills over the 5.5 seasons and I can't see it be any different for Rebels. They will probably tweak the characters after a while and add new styles and effects like they did in CW. All in all I'm very excited for the show.

aint look that bad.. little to kiddish for my taste ... but I hope that might change later on as it did with CW ... I do not like the kid for some reason..

aint look that bad.. little to kiddish for my taste ... but I hope that might change later on as it did with CW ... I do not like the kid for some reason..

While the style looks 'kiddish' to me as well, the part where the Stormtrooper blew up was definitely something I did not expect to see. I will definitely give this a go!

Picked up the Lego Ghost today at Target, almost bought that damn weird Inquisitor lightsaber. Sue me, its hard to resist anything closing in on the OT like this is. :lol

Back