Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad to see many people are satisfied with this PF, for sure is a "good PF", and a "nice" statue, but after many photos and the video review my thoughts didn't change, there is no way this PF can beat the enterbay 1/4 figure, if you are a "premium format collector", this is good for you, if you are a terminator fan, believe me, go for the enterbay 1/4 scale. Just my thoughts.

SS probably figured there was no point to number the base - Will make exchanging the returns easier :)
Cersei.gif

The base is numbered. Mine is #31/500

I respectfully disagree, if you are a Terminator fan you would got either one its just a matter if you prefer a resin representation or a plastic representation. I had the EB one and although it was very accurate at the end of the day it felt like a toy, it appeared like a toy, and posing it felt like I was posing a very expensive Ken doll. Don't get me wrong my personal perception did not lessen the fact that it was an incredible figure it just didn't feel like a true collectible for me. I still like them, though, just like the representation of statues.

I respectfully disagree, if you are a Terminator fan you would got either one its just a matter if you prefer a resin representation or a plastic representation. I had the EB one and although it was very accurate at the end of the day it felt like a toy it appeared like a toy and posing it felt like I was posing a very expensive Ken doll. Don't get me wrong my personal perception did not lessen the fact that it was an incredible figure just didn't feel like a true collectible for me. Still like them, though, just like the representation of statues.

:goodpost::exactly:

this bad boy will be here any day now!! :hi5: :impatient:

I respectfully disagree, if you are a Terminator fan you would got either one its just a matter if you prefer a resin representation or a plastic representation. I had the EB one and although it was very accurate at the end of the day it felt like a toy, it appeared like a toy, and posing it felt like I was posing a very expensive Ken doll. Don't get me wrong my personal perception did not lessen the fact that it was an incredible figure it just didn't feel like a true collectible for me. I still like them, though, just like the representation of statues.

:lecture :lecture

I always thought the eye looked weird before seeing an actual close up. Looks like a decal sticker, rather than painted in. Look at all the small black dots in the iris. I wonder if this will be a continuing trend using decals seeing as Sideshow cant get eyes right?

More pics from my phone. Flash unfortunately makes him look yellow, like I said you need I think natural light or a better camera.
db5b90e12334bfbcce8d493223f792ed.jpg

It's an Arnold PF. I would've got it if it was a PF from frikkin Hercules in New York.

LOL!!! That would be a great PF.... Arnold was HUGE in that film!!!

Btw... This is a bad placement for the Ex IMO... Looks like he is about to sit and rotate :)... Of course I know some people that have their thumb up theirs.

23w49ax.jpg

7ac5551d0cbcaf771edc8c19f3b4e3a5.jpg

Sculpt looks good in this video... Everything looks great IMO..... EXCEPT.... For those that have him... Does his skin tone really look that yellow???

No it does not. Skin Texture is fair with some shading, looks normal and fine in hand similar to the T1, really. Flash on the camera or low lighting gives it that yellow look for some reason.

I always thought the eye looked weird before seeing an actual close up. Looks like a decal sticker, rather than painted in. Look at all the small black dots in the iris. I wonder if this will be a continuing trend using decals seeing as Sideshow cant get eyes right?

So you're going to nitpick something you cannot see with the naked eye? His eyes are very small in person, and unless you zoom way in, with a lot of light, then look at it on a computer, zoomed in, you will never be able to see any of it. I will never understand critiquing something to this extent. IMO, it's either looking for an excuse not to buy something or looking for a reason to call out a company because you have an axe to grind. I'm not saying you do, but many others have nothing better to do.

So you're going to nitpick something you cannot see with the naked eye? His eyes are very small in person, and unless you zoom way in, with a lot of light, then look at it on a computer, zoomed in, you will never be able to see any of it. I will never understand critiquing something to this extent. IMO, it's either looking for an excuse not to buy something or looking for a reason to call out a company because you have an axe to grind. I'm not saying you do, but many others have nothing better to do.

Happening in every thread I reckon mate lol

Other than taking the photos as fast as I could, I didn't have a ton of time to look over it thoroughly. I will say, that the metal looked pretty good. As dumb as it may sound, it looks as good as it does in the photos, if that makes any sense. Well all know some people might receive some of these with issues. From the little time I spent with it, the only thing I noticed that isn't an issue, but more frail than anything, was the piece of metal hanging from his arm. I think it could be broken easily if you're not careful, as it is plastic.

Agree with this. Metal wire from the arm super,super, super frail;surprise it didn't break in transport the way its attached to the figure when you open him. I mean just a slight touch by anything will break it or fracture it. Mine already has a small fracture at the joint (likely happened during transport as my box has some good dents) where if I touch it even slightly it will break off. Honestly,though, I wouldn't mind it being off probably would look better without it and make me less nervous that I may break off by accident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it! It's a keeper for me. I took some quick photos but I really need sunlight to get him right. Mine is 311 of 500.
9a3761d000564c63952153e9562e7a93.jpg

7f5db52ae6c40c4cae6388f6e1c4433e.jpg

And the skinny leg issue isn't bad once you fluff out his pants in that area. It's not perfect by any means and I agree that the PF from T1 is a better sculpt. With that being said, the piece won't be for everyone,especially the very critical over detail collector,but, in my opinion, it's a nice representation of the character nonetheless. I believe most will be happy with this piece as a statue of Arnold in T2. And yes the chest piece should have been slightly higher to make him more anatomically more accurate.
One more thing he is not as yellow as in photos show him his skin is fair with some darker shading. This is preliminary observation,of course,tomorrow in regular light I will get a better look at him. I'm totally happy with this piece and the ex arm is cool! If considering to get this at all get the Ex while still available!

Bruce, the hand sculpt is not numbered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice set up Maxpower. People get way too **** about this stuff. I agree with the lower damage on the chest but otherwise it looks pretty cool to me. Along with the rest your collection it looks awesome! Congrats!

Back