Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A teaser for now : )

SmaugTease_zps89a157fa.jpg

JV

Wow. very nice. will you be doing a collectors original drawing edition like the first film L/E 10?

Wow. very nice. will you be doing a collectors original drawing edition like the first film L/E 10?

Likely, yes. I will announce a confirmation on that prior to this art's full release. : )

JV

Today is the release of a brand-new art print, Smaug the Dragon! In the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien, many memorable characters are beloved by millions in the fantasy world of Middle Earth, but Smaug is no exception! He is not merely a creature, but has quite an overwhelming personality!
This Fine Art print is licensed through Warner Bros. studio and is available in my store in three formats: Lithograph, Paper Giclee and Canvas Giclee. Get it here: https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/King-Under-the-Mountain-SMAUG-KUTM.htm

KUTM18x24_zps7a9eca11.jpg

SmaugdetailFB_zps841bb7ad.jpg

didn't you also say that you were going to do a full body Smaug Jerry?

Indeed I did! A full body painting will be a TON more complicated as it will likely be a full-blown shot with either architecture like Ereborian pillars, gold treasure, etc. or perhaps Laketown getting crisped! There is a lot of research and prepping on a piece like that, much like Bane of Durin with the Balrog. This piece was done more of a "portrait" with up-close details, whereas a fullbody will be a complete "unseen scene", which I like best, but they are a lot of work. So yes, expect one, but exactly when I can't say just yet ; )

JV

Indeed I did! A full body painting will be a TON more complicated as it will likely be a full-blown shot with either architecture like Ereborian pillars, gold treasure, etc. or perhaps Laketown getting crisped! There is a lot of research and prepping on a piece like that, much like Bane of Durin with the Balrog. This piece was done more of a "portrait" with up-close details, whereas a fullbody will be a complete "unseen scene", which I like best, but they are a lot of work. So yes, expect one, but exactly when I can't say just yet ; )

JV

I will be waiting for that one then.......still need Rog though

Back