Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my Fett for 200$ over retail as soon as I heard they might be re-eleasing him. Hopefully they re-release Obi, as I have the vader in PO. THese guys should hopefully be worth a bit in the future

I sold my Fett for 200$ over retail as soon as I heard they might be re-eleasing him. Hopefully they re-release Obi, as I have the vader in PO. THese guys should hopefully be worth a bit in the future
I hope the market is flooded with them so people like you (flippers) get stuck with them and can only sell them for what they/you paid. Better yet, I hope you lose money in your effort to price gouge actual collectors.

I bought the Fett Mythos, the Vader Mythos and the Maul Mythos because I feel they are beautiful works of art. Not to mentions the Mythos stories that go along with each piece. I read them to my sons so that they can appreciate the statues as well. :)

I hope the market is flooded with them so people like you (flippers) get stuck with them and can only sell them for what they/you paid. Better yet, I hope you lose money in your effort to price gouge actual collectors.

I actually really love the Boba Fett/all the mythos pieces, and it was the prize of my collection, which is primarily Boba fett related stuff. I plan on buying Fett when he's available again, but at the end of the day, 200 extra bucks is kinda stupid to turn down

The Obi Wan "restock" is nothing new with SS. As far as flipping, its part of the hobby, if you collect pennies you flip. If you don't flip you don't know how to collect. Keep what you love and sell for what you want to buy.

The Obi Wan "restock" is nothing new with SS. As far as flipping, its part of the hobby, if you collect pennies you flip. If you don't flip you don't know how to collect. Keep what you love and sell for what you want to buy.

I agree. To be honest, you have to sell over retail to break even on eBay. Shipping and fees are so high you have to make it back somehow. Breaking even seems like a win. You got to enjoy a piece of art and now can move onto a new one :)

Bought Obi when way back when he was first released. Did'nt get the Fett...and missed out. If I didn't already own Scott Campbell Marry Jane with EX spiderman on pre-order i would be all over it. Obi is a great stand alone piece but having a companion piece to him would be really nice QQ. Not a fan of Vader cape paint and Maul fells little bland. Maybe i can wish for apon a star and get a grown up Ahsoka mythos release.

Grown up Asokah would be an awesome idea for mythos. Another awesome one would also be pre-cyborg Grevious

Has anyone heard anything about wether or not they are putting this up for PO on the sideshow site again?
Just finished the clone wars series, so now I must have them all! :)

Has anyone heard anything about wether or not they are putting this up for PO on the sideshow site again?
Just finished the clone wars series, so now I must have them all! :)

I keep harassing Sideshow about this. When I spoke with them on Monday I was told that they still have not received word about whether it'll be posted on their website. They mentioned that retailers will get them first, then potentially people on the waitlist and if there are still some available, they will post them on their site.

I keep harassing Sideshow about this. When I spoke with them on Monday I was told that they still have not received word about whether it'll be posted on their website. They mentioned that retailers will get them first, then potentially people on the waitlist and if there are still some available, they will post them on their site.

Darn, this waiting is brutal lol. I am so stoked to get my hands on one. Maybe I will call some of my local comic shops and see if they have any slated.

That would be a good way to avoid a lot of blowback over having more come out so far after the sell out. They just show up in shops and people think they just got lucky.

That would be a good way to avoid a lot of blowback over having more come out so far after the sell out. They just show up in shops and people think they just got lucky.

That's exactly right, man! I'm pretty sure that's why SS is being so secretive about the whole thing. I checked with all of my official SS retailers, and none of them will be getting the Ben Kenobi re release. I actually have one on pre order from the UK to make sure I can get one. It's going to be a little pricey, but certainly not as expensive as one on the secondary market.

Back