Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Physical media is the worst investment I think, I had close to 300 DVDs at one point, then I got robbed and they only left my anime collection. In that sense I vowed never to buy that much movies, plus I found some disc rot on some movies and it sucks.

I still have the old mentality that I need something physical if I'm paying full price. Plus, you don't get all the bonus features when you download only, right? Those are the biggest selling points for me.

Physical media is the worst investment I think, I had close to 300 DVDs at one point, then I got robbed and they only left my anime collection. In that sense I vowed never to buy that much movies, plus I found some disc rot on some movies and it sucks.

I agree. I'm on the iTunes 'train'. That's all I ever do now. No physical space to take up. Access it anytime I want.

And poop on you, jye. Poop. On. You.

:lol

Disc rot, were you storing your dvd collection under water. :lol

No, but you would be surprised how much it can happen when the dvd is not pressed right when it is being made, I dare you to check your cd's and put the cd to a light and see if you spot any holes go through. It is more common nowadays and once you spot it you have no choice to throw it away since it's useless.

I agree. I'm on the iTunes 'train'. That's all I ever do now. No physical space to take up. Access it anytime I want.

And poop on you, jye. Poop. On. You.

Damn kids. :lol

No, but you would be surprised how much it can happen when the dvd is not pressed right when it is being made, I dare you to check your cd's and put the cd to a light and see if you spot any holes go through. It is more common nowadays and once you spot it you have no choice to throw it away since it's useless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 118
I too am not a fan of physical media and believe either downloads or streaming media is where we are headed in the future. I personally have no interest at all in collecting disks just so they can become coasters when the next big thing hits. Since bluray, I honestly don't think I've watched a dvd whatsoever.

Having said all of that, there is the other side of the coin to all of this. I will get WS on bluray because I consider it to be in my top 5 of all time greatest movies, and that's saying a lot.

I wasn't a fan of streaming media at first but I've come to change my mind and see the advantages (takes no physical space, access anytime/anywhere) of digital media.

I have down sized my Blu-ray/DVD collection to just my most favorite movies. :yess:

I wasn't a fan of streaming media at first but I've come to change my mind and see the advantages (takes no physical space, access anytime/anywhere) of digital media.

I have down sized my Blu-ray/DVD collection to just my most favorite movies. :yess:

Thats what I did, now I only have Steelbooks. I sold all my Blurays and DVD's a while back to a collector, and bought a couple of Hot Toys with the profits :yess:

While I'd gladly get rid of my blu ray collection as it takes up too much space, I find that the picture quality of streaming services like Netflix is still inferior to blu ray, thus I end up picking the physical discs. Same goes for music.

Yep, streaming is the way we're going - it's a natural evolution of media. But it's not there yet, if you want the complete content (extras) or are like me, and want the best possible quality video and sound. That's going to be physical media for awhile yet, but if they can eventually match the quality with streaming, I'm all in. And I'll be making some really funky artwork out of a whole lot of blu-rays!

Back