Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh ok, yea, I've heard of Scarlet and Quick, just didn't realize that's who they were. Cool, defn curious how they will fit in the new Avengers, I assume they will be older versions? Weren't they just Teens in Cap?

I would say theyre early 20's but yeah they'll be around the same age, same actors in Age if Ultron. You should check out the Age of Ultron movie thread :)

Well, I don't see anything else knocking Cap off the top spot until ASM2 in 2 weeks.

Rio 2 was his big competition.

I took my kids Rio 2 budget and went to see Cap again. :lol

Watched this again yesterday with my wife and 2 kids, even got some cool memorabilias. These will have to do until HT starts shipping those Cap figures :lol

photo.JPG

Its detachable to the cup lid. It came with the lid, I had the Hulk ones as well when I watched the Avengers a few years ago. Though Im not sure where it is now, prolly in my kid's toy piles somewhere :lol

Well that's pretty freaking cool. I'll have to check the concessions at my theater when I go see it again this week.

Do share some pics, maybe we can do trades or something, since each country will offer different stuffs. I can still get these, as theres quite a lot of it in stock when I bought it last night.

Well, I don't see anything else knocking Cap off the top spot until ASM2 in 2 weeks.

I don't know, "Transcendence" is knocking TWS out of IMAX screens in my area. I think it'll be hard for it to hold on in its 3rd week without those extra surcharges.

Do share some pics, maybe we can do trades or something, since each country will offer different stuffs. I can still get these, as theres quite a lot of it in stock when I bought it last night.

Will do. I did pick up that Cap popcorn bucket (when we saw The Lego Movie last month) but I haven't seen that cool drink setup before.

Finally got to see the movie yesterday. This had the tightest, most inventive action sequences I've seen in a Marvel film to date. Cap's shield use is so incredible it almost feels like a sidekick. Speaking of which, Barnes was a complete badass antagonist here. Fury got the most screentime yet, and I'd be pretty stoked if they decided to give him his own film hunting down the Hydra traitors one by one. Throw in Punisher while they're at it!

There could be a list of what Cap does that isn't remotely possible even for a maxed out human, but it wouldn't really bother me because of how fun they made the action scenes. They've been pushing the superhuman envelope with the super serum thing since the beginning anyhow. Loved it, want more, keep the gravy train rollin.

Minor Qualms:

-Okay, so apparently the ultimate magical escape wand that burrows a hole into the ground is enough to dissuade Bucky and Hydra from pursuing their targets. Is Hydra claustrophobic? :lol

-The Helicarrier-building collision sequence stuck out as excessive use of CGI. I'd rather watch Falcon beat Crossbones up a few extra minutes. Forgiveable though.

-You can only do so much to make a 30-something look like a 90-something. I thought they'd use CGI to help age the eyes and nose but.. eh. Atwell's hotness is time-locked, thus the need for more flashbacks.

Unexpected Cool Stuff:

-Scarlet Widow's finest moment was the use of Scooby-Doo mask technology. Sure they made it look cool, but gotta give a shout out to Hanna Barbera.

-Got to see Fury's blind eye. Would be awesome if someone did a 1/6 scale headsculpt with removeable patch...

-Arnim Zola's brief return. Love to see more of him.

I knew they were going to show the birth of Crossbone, but he should've been pulverized in that scene, not burned and intact. :lol

Yes to Punisher.

Cap's shield was more of a hero than Superman in MOS. :lol

Back