Hot Toys Dealers in Korea and Tokyo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a buddy leaving for Korea on Saturday. She will be there for almost three weeks, with at least three days in Tokyo. I'm really tempted in giving her some cash to bring me back a souvenir, and was wondering if there were any reputable Hot Toys shops there.

For instance, would the HT figures in Japan or Korea be more expensive, less expensive (since they are also located in Asia,) or relatively the same? Is it easier to find older figures like The Godfather, Blade, etc. than in the US? Are there many shops that carry HTs in Tokyo, if so, which are the best?

Thanks,

Ryan

Akihabara would be the best place (in Tokyo). The Hot Toys and Medicom figures they offer are about the same price as we get'em here stateside. But not now as yen holds much more value. I have found rare figures plenty of times down there in my four years.

Pretty much the same in Korea, but Japan will hurt a little more.

Anyways, I don't think a HT would make a good souvenir... they're not exactly hard to get around here.

Japan because of the high Yen currency almost everything is more expensive... 20 to 30% higher in Japan. If she stays longer online amazon.jp and Amiami have great prices and bargains (rare on HT's though, some Medi)

I would not buy items in Japan that have been imported from other countries... you are usually going to pay more. At least that was my experience 10 or so years ago. But if you are buying Japanese items you'll find some awesome stuff and have a lot of fun.

I really liked the Mandrake stores, there are quite a few of them throughout Tokyo and they have a great selection of new and vintage items.

Thanks for the advice so far! I probably won't ask her to get me any common, or new HT figure, but if she happens to stumble on a Blade, 1987 Pred, or Godfather, for under 300, I'll ask her to bite.

Usually if those little shops have rarer figures, do they still sell for around retail, or eBay prices?

My friend is in Tokyo, and can't seem to find many toyshops. Which area in Akihibara or Harajuku should she be looking in? Any stores in particular?

I wish I could remember more names... but I had a friend who was able to find shops in phone books for me when I was there.

I'd still check out Mandrake as they sell a lot of cool stuff and have many stores in Tokyo. There is one place that was referred to as the "otaku mall" which was just full of shops selling different geek interest items. I think that was in Akihibara... but this going of spotty memories from over 10 years ago :lol

Back