Captain Rex gets flocked hair!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexmann

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi

Just thought I would share this. I decided to have a little fun with my flocking machine this weekend and see what Captain Rex would look like with actual flocking instead of the painted scalp he has on the SS figure. The result is a little on the yellow side, but it's still pretty cool. I matched the color of the paint on his head exactly but I think I would have preferred him a little more "white" like in the TV show, I might redo him, but it's still pretty cool in my opinion, thoughts?

I used pale yellow, sunshine yellow, bright white, natural white and a little beige flocking fibers all mixed together to get this color.

flockedrex.jpg

Glad you guys like it. I only have 2 mm flocking fibers, I don't have 1 mm yet, I have to order some. I think 1mm would be more to scale and less "fro" like. Unfortunately, I would love to shave it, but I don't want to run the risk of damaging my sculpt. I used water based glue on this, all I have to do is put the head in water for 10 minutes and the whole thing will come off with no trace... I might order 1mm flocking soon.

Back