Happy anniversary Star Wars!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88th division

Freaked Out
Reaction score
It was twenty-nine years ago today that movies changed forever! I can't wait to see what's in store for the 30th anniv. Anyway, here's to you Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia,3po, R2 and all the rest. May the force be with us for another 30 and many more.

Seems kind of weird to see that since I remember going to the theater when I was 6 to watch it.... GEESH... I am old.

madden821 said:
Seems kind of weird to see that since I remember going to the theater when I was 6 to watch it.... GEESH... I am old.

I was eight. I know exactly how you feel. :eek: :lol

I was not quite 14 when I saw it for the first time. And no matter what they can do now it can't compare to those six years 1977-83.

Happy B-Day Star Wars. I wasn't born yet but watching SW was always something me and my Dad did together.

I wasn't introduced to Star Wars until 1997 when the SE's came out in theater. The first I went to see it in the movie theater and was so cold I had to leave shortly after Leia got Alderaan blown up, and I wondered how she could be stupid enough to tell where the rebel base was. But I did like the movie so I talked my mom into letting me rent them. Loved them ever since (and I was quite pleased to see Leia isn't an idiot after all and that ESB and ROTJ weren't Luke and Han saving her rear like in the countless Free Willy movies).

I was five when I saw Star Wars in '77. I was always a fan of the movies, but it wasn't until TPM that I fell in love with the saga. What a great start (29 years ago) and they just keep getting better and better. Greatly looking forward to more. :chew

GSRJedi said:
:chew here's to another 29 years of brokedom.:emperor

Amen to that :lol
Actually it's not been quite that long for me as I was born just over a month after ANH came out but I remember seeing ROTJ first time round so I must have seen the first two films on video when I was about 4 or 5,and I had most of the vintage Hasbro figures so I've been on board 24 years. Aside from being a major factor in my lack of cash Star Wars has helped me through some tough times and I'm sure I'll always have a soft spot for the OT no matter what other changes GL decides to make to them in future releases.

Last edited:
88th division said:
I was not quite 14 when I saw it for the first time. And no matter what they can do now it can't compare to those six years 1977-83.

How true is that? You hit the nail on the head. I was just shy of 5 when I saw Star Wars in 1977. I was in AWE. Then each 3 years going to see Empire and then Jedi....WOW. Those are some of the best memories from my childhood. I like the PT a lot, but nothing can compare to what it was like as a child and seeing the OT when it first came out. Today, the entire plot of a movie is on the internet before the movie is even released. In 1980, how many people walked into the theater on opening day and already knew Vader would say "No, I am your father"??

KitFisto said:
"No, I am your father"??
Ever notice only the true Star Wars fans correctly quote that line? Most everyone else says "Luke, I am your father." As for the surprise, I agree, I do my best to avoid spoilers, but when TPM came out my mom got me the soundtrack prior to seeing the movie. One of the names of the track "Qui-Gon's Funeral" Gol-durn it.

Now that I think about it, I think I read somewhere that when filming Lucas had the line "Obi-Wan killed your father" and only Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones and a few others knew the true line. Supposedly James Earl Jones response when reading the lines, "He's lying."

I was almost six when I watched Star Wars. I can still remember how I trembled when I first set my eyes on Darth Vader and was awed by that voice. That powerful voice and that sinister breathing. And I fall in love for the very first time......(no, not with Darth Vader but with the Force and the most popular space saga in moviedom!)

You know this might sound weird but everything there's a downside in my life, I always recall that Force theme in my head and I immediately picture Luke standing there at the sand dune looking out at the horizon with the twin sunsets! And I feel better at once, knowing that there's just the Force and me....

Man, I love this movie.....I really do! And I do and I do!

Agent0028 said:
Ever notice only the true Star Wars fans correctly quote that line? Most everyone else says "Luke, I am your father." As for the surprise, I agree, I do my best to avoid spoilers, but when TPM came out my mom got me the soundtrack prior to seeing the movie. One of the names of the track "Qui-Gon's Funeral" Gol-durn it.

Now that I think about it, I think I read somewhere that when filming Lucas had the line "Obi-Wan killed your father" and only Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones and a few others knew the true line. Supposedly James Earl Jones response when reading the lines, "He's lying."

Actually if memory serves Mark Hamill did not know.:D

I remember going on opening day to see "Empire". The place was packed (of course), and when it started there was a roar of applause. As the star destroyer comes onto the screen the film broke! People started throwing stuff at the screen and screaming at the projectionist! It was only down for a few minutes, but after 3 years of waiting this was not what anyone wanted to have happen. And when it was over, the only thing that mattered was:
Is Darth Vader Luke's father. We would have to wait three long years to get the answer but what a time it was!

Back