Happy anniversary Star Wars!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wookilar8 said:
Actually Mark was told just prior to filming that scene. David, on the other hand, was not brought into the loop.

Right. Prowse delivered the line "Obi-Wan is your father", though some reports say it was "Obi-Wan killed your father". (Hey, that last one would have been true, from a certain point of view.)

I saw ESB first - its the second movie I ever saw on the big screen (I think ET was the first but I could have got them back to front - hey I was a kid ok!)

After that the bug bit and never fully let go. About 12 months back I started collecting the Hasbro 12", then found sideshow about the same time they got the Star Wars licence..... now I can use my Hasbro's for customs ;)

pickard said:
Right. Prowse delivered the line "Obi-Wan is your father", though some reports say it was "Obi-Wan killed your father". (Hey, that last one would have been true, from a certain point of view.)

Yeah, I've heard both conflicting stories as well.... Though I think that the first one would fit better with Luke's constant questioning later in the film. :rotfl

But man do I wish I would have been old enough to see that in the theater and have the shock of hearing that line for the first time. Nowadays we don't get those kinds of surprises... thanks to the internet and leaked scripts. :monkey4

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, I've heard both conflicting stories as well.... Though I think that the first one would fit better with Luke's constant questioning later in the film. :rotfl

But man do I wish I would have been old enough to see that in the theater and have the shock of hearing that line for the first time. Nowadays we don't get those kinds of surprises... thanks to the internet and leaked scripts. :monkey4

Yeah...that must have been awesome to see ANH then you get that huge shock in ESB.....I only saw ROTJ in the theater and I really didnt know what the hell was going on:lol

kingdarkness03 said:
Yeah...that must have been awesome to see ANH then you get that huge shock in ESB.....I only saw ROTJ in the theater and I really didnt know what the hell was going on:lol

Yeah, me too.... I was young as Hell and saw ROTJ for the first time when I was like 6 or 7 (the rerelease)... And for me Vader was always Luke's father and Luke was always a Jedi. I never got the buildup. I had to go back and get it straight years later to really understand the full impact of the story.

Oh and King.... 5 more posts man!!! :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, me too.... I was young as Hell and saw ROTJ for the first time when I was like 6 or 7 (the rerelease)... And for me Vader was always Luke's father and Luke was always a Jedi. I never got the buildup. I had to go back and get it straight years later to really understand the full impact of the story.

Oh and King.... 5 more posts man!!! :lol

I know you've got it...1000 posts...on the day we got our 1000th member...very cool....

Back