New Punisher movie: Stevenson returning?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last we heard about The Punisher, Marvel had reacquired the rights and president of production Kevin Feige hinted that “various plans are in the works”. Now Ray Stevenson, star of the most recent addition to the franchise Punisher: War Zone, has admitted to speaking with Marvel about doing another Punisher. Is Marvel planning to bring Stevenson back for another round of vigilante mayhem? The actor says he’d love to return, but warns that “It’s way out of my hands.” Punisher: War Zone performed horribly at the box office, so it seems unlikely that Marvel would continue down that route, but I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.

Punisher: War Zone may have been a bit of a financial and critical bust back in 2008, but some of the folks over at Marvel not only think The Punisher still has appeal, but War Zone’s star, Ray Stevenson, too. While promoting his upcoming film, Kill the Irishman, Stevenson talked about the fact that Marvel has reacquired the rights to the vigilante superhero from Lionsgate, allowing them to go ahead with a new Punisher film if they choose to.

Stevenson says that he's even talked with Marvel about doing another Punisher but admits, “It’s way out of my hands.” If the opportunity arises though, he’d love to reprise his role as Frank Castle. He says, “If it’s on my path to do him again, I’ll definitely do my best.”

Personally I wouldn't mind Stevenson back as Punisher for another go around. Discuss!

He's definitely the man for the job if another Punisher movie is forthcoming. I suppose the violence would be toned down quite a bit if Marvel Studios was doing it. I would have to change my undergarments if they put him in a movie with Daredevil.

Best Marvel Movie since Iron Man.

Bring back Stevenson and give me more grindhouse mayhem.

Yes, I am now sure that cross-over films with Punisher vs./teamed with Character X are the way to go.

Looking forward to the Howard the Duck and Beyonder team-ups, particularly.

I enjoyed Ray as Castle, he didn't have much to work with in terms of script (tho did have moments). Bring him back for round 2.

I ____ing LOVED War Zone. Awesome flick, hilarious too. And Stevenson IS the Punisher to me. He has this badass presence. I hope he works on his voice a little bit, but other then that, I hope he gets the role.

Punisher shot all of them while they were down. There was an awesome scene where he was just shooting bodies on the floor. I laughed.

I want Stevenson to be Punisher, he portrayed him the way I like Punisher to be. Loved the movie, if they would only put more $ into it the cheap bastards.

IMO Warzone did grindhouse better then Machete. Not a thing wrong with the movie.

It literally with the budget, could not have been better. If they had tryed to make it too serious it would have failed.

Warzone actually brought my interest back into the Marvel Universe (was a DC faithful for 5 years), and now I'm getting caught up with what happened to all the characters since the X-Men days of the 90's.. Very good movie! :clap I'd love to see Part 2, and would love to see more skin of Julie Benz, LOL! :naughty

Warzone actually brought my interest back into the Marvel Universe (was a DC faithful for 5 years), and now I'm getting caught up with what happened to all the characters since the X-Men days of the 90's.. Very good movie! :clap I'd love to see Part 2, and would love to see more skin of Julie Benz, LOL! :naughty

war zone was perfectly fine until the kid came into the movie and the punisher went soft :slap

Punisher cant be a inhuman machine...gotta have a soft side....so they can hurt it, and he can kill EVERYTHING/.

Love when he hit the guy in mid air with the rocket

Great movie, bring back Stevenson

Warzone was good. It just wasn't given a chance. Next to no promos and no support behind it. Ray was great and would continue to be a great Punisher. Crossovers with others would be great, but they really need to keep the R violence. A PG-13 Punisher would be a as good as a PG 13 Terminator. Oh wait! :lol

Back