My Yoda review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow has been hitting us up with the Star Wars figures pretty heavily the last few months, and they have finally given us a Yoda to compete with the old Medicom version. There's a ton of extras here, and while I have my nits, overall he's pretty well done.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice review Michael and I agree with you on the twist ties. Though on the complaints with the figure not as much.

I know... lately they've really gotten sloppy with their contents. No cup for Hammerhead yet its listed, and yet you do get a snake and extra hands as you say yet its not mentioned. :dunno

thans for the great review as always. And I agree, there is just something about yoda that just doesn't look right. Well, at least in photos, I am not planning on getting him and in-hand always looks different than pix.

Great review bud...

Its a pitty that everywhere i look for this over here (UK) its £80-£90...

I just cant justify that price for such a small figure, even if it is Yoda...

Pricing over here has become really really pathetic, they take the RRP in USA, conver it to pounds (by just swapping the $ for a £) and then slap an extra 10-20 ontop in "taxes"...This is whats causing me to give up on collecting :(

Good review. Think i'm gonna keep my Medicom Yoda and wait for SS to do a Prequel Yoda though.

Great review bud...

Pricing over here has become really really pathetic, they take the RRP in USA, conver it to pounds (by just swapping the $ for a £) and then slap an extra 10-20 ontop in "taxes"...This is whats causing me to give up on collecting :(

Check out this thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90216 Fellow freak microdragon is setting up a new UK etailer. Yoda will be £69.99 including shipping... he's not due till the end of April though.

The body under the clothing is green as well, but it's a cast color, not paint. It also varies a bit in tone, but it isn't a big deal since you'll never display him nekkid. If you do, I'd rather not know about it.

:lol :lol :lol

A great review... I'm so happy that Sideshow is now venturing into more non-standard bodied figures. I was worried that the introduction of the prometheus would delay new these kind of figures even more, but Sideshow has really made a lot of advancements. Too bad they now only have 2 1/6 lines that will benefit from all these upgrades, but if you only can have 2 I guess GI Joe and Star Wars are about as good as it gets :lol

And I know its been mentioned, but your edit is still incorrect:
EDIT: Turns out that Sideshow is not keeping up their product descriptions particularly well - the spotted snake does come with the regular version, only the brown snake is extra to the exclusive.

Its the orange snake that is exclusive to Yoda, the brown comes with both versions. What makes that cool (to many a vintage collector) is the throwback to the orange Kenner snake :rock

Great review bud...

Ha, yeah tell me about it, Play.com for example have Berserker up for £300 (that's $485) but the claim the actual rrp is £350 & Play don't pay VAT because there in Jersey, another kick in the teeth :gah:

Not to be a d*c#, but shouldn't this be in the Yoda thread? Makes things a lot easier to find when you're looking for a post you remember reading a year or two back and you want to find it again ;)

Generally Michael or Jeff will start thread own thread for reviews as many people enjoy reading their stuff and its more visible as its own thread.

Also, its easy to find old review on the MWCtoys website... so all in all not a problem.

Gotta disagree with Michael & the general consensus that's developing here, but I find the Medicom VCD Yoda preferable to the Sideshow figure, even if it isn't nearly as articulated or packed with as many accessories.

I even finally managed to nab a Medicom Darth Maul recently on eBay & have found it to be a better figure in many ways to its Sideshow counterpart. Although their Vader & Stormtrooper figures were surpassed IMHO by Sideshow's versions, I've been surprised to see Medicom's work with the Star Wars license continuing to pass the test of time with many of Sideshow's subsequent releases.

Back