Which HASBRO 12" SW will you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of people are unloading their 12" Hasbro figures on eBay, especially the ones that SS has made or will likely make.

So, which ones will you keep to go along with your SS collection?

Or is anyone planning to have the two collections?

For me, I'd keep things that Sideshow will not likely do in the near future -- like the Gamorrean Guard, the Wampa, IG-88 and the other bounty hunters and the droids. I figure if Sideshow makes these figures it will be way down the line, if at all.

Maybe its better to ask: what is your favorite Hasbro 12" figure?

I'm in the pro-Hasbro camp. People keep forgetting that the 12" Hasbro line was a mass produced line of toys. They weren't made to be a highly detailed collectibles like SSC is producing. Some were good. Some were bad. Really, really bad. I bought the ones I liked and have no plans on selling them. They're in my toy collection and my SSC figures will be in my collectibles collection.

I have never collected Hasbro so I can't say they are horrible,like many do.I have, however, seen many good Hasbro figures.Like Batty said these were never ment to be highly detailed collectibles.So it is some what unfair to compair to SS.Depending on what SS makes and doesn't make I may pick up some Hasbro in the future to flesh out my 12" SW collection..

Batty said:
I'm in the pro-Hasbro camp. People keep forgetting that the 12" Hasbro line was a mass produced line of toys. They weren't made to be a highly detailed collectibles like SSC is producing. Some were good. Some were bad. Really, really bad. I bought the ones I liked and have no plans on selling them. They're in my toy collection and my SSC figures will be in my collectibles collection.

I agree. The Hasbro 12 inch line was a totally different specie made for a different audience (and they did make some pretty cool ones for what they were. I love my Ki Adi Mundi and Palpatine... and my Qui Gon. Well, I love them all!). So that being said, I would find it hard to part with any of them. :D

I'm actually happy with several of the Hasbro figures and, with a little tweaking, I think they'll look good with the army of Sideshow product coming over the next couple years.

There are some I've been curious about that I don't have; particularly Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon and Shaak Ti. From the pix I've seen, they look pretty good.

I only own the Electronic R2-D2 & C3-PO,Episode 1 C3-P0 and the Pit Droids which IMO were among the few decent 12" figures Hasbro made and I'll hang onto them until Sideshow make better versions,though the Pit Droids are not likely to be on Sideshow's "to do" list. While it's probably not fair to compare Hasbro and Sideshow as they both produce figures for different markets,the comparisons are inevitable as Hasbro were the only company to make 12" SW figures (aside from a few imports like the Marmit and Medicom figures) prior to Sideshow getting the license.

I've got quite a few Hasbro 12" that I like. They'll be mixed with SS in my display.

My favorites:
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
Han on Tauntaun
Red Royal Guards
Snowtrooper
AT-AT Driver
Qui-Gon & Ep. 1 Obi
Old Ben (customized to acceptability)
R2 and 3PO

Obviously, I'd gladly swap them out for superior SS versions, but until then they're worthy of being displayed beside my SS figures.

I'd really like SS to make an episode 2 Obi at some point, because Hasbro really dropped the ball on that one. (But he's still in my display, because I love the character.)

At this point I am keeping all of mine. I did just give away all my other hasbro toys to my cousin and trust me, it was a LARGE collection that I spent 11 years collecting. With all the SS, GG and Master Replicas stuff I have been collecting I would never display the Hasbro toys again so I gave them away rather than try to e-bay them.

I am keeping my 12" Hasbro though to fill in a few pieces that SS ends up not making. Some like the Storm Troopers, Snow Tropers , Yoda, R2, 3P0 don't look too bad and may blend on with the SS pieces.

This reminds me of when POTF came out in 95.. everyone thought they were leaps and bounds better over the vintage stuff (what were they thinking with those huge pecs on Luke..) but none the less, I remember reading messages like that.

I collected alot of the Hasbro stuff and spent alot of money in doing so.. most of these figures were 30$ a pop in Canada, and are now selling for 5$ on ebay? why would I want to get rid of them, they are not that bad. Sure some of the bodies and hands look a little goofy, but when I originally plonked down 30$ each for em.. or 75$ for the Han Taun Taun from TRU (remember.. Canadian prices again) I felt at that time that they were worth that much to me..

I know space is an issue, and perhaps Id think different if I had all of my 12" hasbro stuff with me here.. Ive moved from Toronto and left most of the stuff with my parents.

Some of my favorites...

Han Taun Taun
Snowtrooper
Royal Guard and Emperor 2 pack
Han in Carbonite set
Han, Leia and Luke 3 pack
All of the Bounty Hunters
Talking Vader

Biggest pieces of crap..
I dont own any of the horribly scultped ones (like mouth opened yelling Qui Gon)..

The only one I can think of is.. the TRU grimice teeth Mace Windu.

https://www.rebelscum.com/saga12mace.asp

I think the only reason I got that one was to get the free silver R2D2

Man, all this talk. ALL of my Hasbro 12" are still in the original boxes. I might have to go home tonight and break a few out that I really like and display them.......uh, just have to figure out WHERE for lack of space!

I won't be selling mine due to one issue, they lost all their value it seems. I'm not selling things I paid over 20 dollars for, for 5 dollars a pop.

All Hasbro 12'' Droids should be keepers IMO, Also,The last Yoda they did looked very good and the jawas too..Keep also the big creatures like the taun-taun ,the speeder bike and other stuff Sideshow probably wont make...

Batty said:

I agree. Comparing the two lines is just simply idiotic, but yet collectors keep doing it.

I would have to say that my all time favorite piece it the Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike.

If Hasbro had not done a Speeder Bike we collectors would never have gotten one.

At this point I don't see myself selling off any of my Hasbro stuff.

Droids, Gammorean Guard, the Genoshian warrior, and I'm looking for the last Yoda as I think it will be awhile before SSC gets around to him. The rest I'll probably just give to goodwill or something, not worth the effort to try and ebay them.

I sold off all of mine when I decided I wasn't going to collect the SSC Star Wars figures, but I had planned to keep: Barriss Offee, Shaak Ti, Episode 1 Obi-Wan, Naboo Defense Amidala, and the Queen Amidala in the black travel gown.

Hasbro's 12" SW figures were actually my first 1/6th scale collection. I've got just about all of them, with the exception of the later pieces of crap "bobble-heads". I'm pretty sure that MANY of these characters will never be done by Sideshow unless Sideshow keeps the 12" license for the next 30 years.

I'll again echo the sentiment that within the pile of coal there were several diamonds to be found. My favorites are as follows:

1. Han on Tauntaun
2. Scout Trooper on Speederbike
3. Bib Fortuna
4. Any of the Droids (R2 versions, C3P0, bounty hunter droids, etc...)
5. Boba Fett (latest version)
6. Electronic Vader with removable mask
7. Any of the special edition Amidalas (Amazing pieces)
8. Darth Maul on speeder
9. Count Dooku (very well done. Repaint would bring out a great sculpt.)
10. Gamorean Guard

There's probably several more that don't immediately come to mind.

Back