Gentle Giant Blackhole Stormtrooper bust PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know who will be distributing the 500 available in the US? Will it be through the GG Collector's Club, SWS or someone else? I know they're available in Japan today at the Blister Event.

Batty said:
Anyone know who will be distributing the 500 available in the US? Will it be through the GG Collector's Club, SWS or someone else? I know they're available in Japan today at the Blister Event.

They haven't told us yet how they will be made available in the US. They seem to have hinted that it will not be through Star Wars Shop, so my guess is an e-mail to the Collector's Club followed by a sale on their regular website, with a lot of crashing servers. But nothing's official yet...

That's my guess as well is that they will be sold through the GG Collectors Club. Folks that ***** about SS PPO and the servers being slow wait till you go through GG. This ain't gonna be pretty.

jlcmsu said:
That's my guess as well is that they will be sold through the GG Collectors Club. Folks that ***** about SS PPO and the servers being slow wait till you go through GG. This ain't gonna be pretty.

I have no experience myself, but I have heard stories about how GG's servers handle the pressure.

These stories have come from people wearing straightjackets in padded rooms...

I hope ordering won't be too bad. The problem with GG is that they give no notice. You just get an email when they feel like letting everyone know. At least I had no problem getting Salacious Crumb. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear anything.

Well, according to their blog sometime in the next 2 weeks they will give out more info on when they are gonna sell this or how they are gonna sell this anyway.

Batty said:
I hope ordering won't be too bad. The problem with GG is that they give no notice. You just get an email when they feel like letting everyone know. At least I had no problem getting Salacious Crumb. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear anything.

They also sent out an e-mail alert when they had some International Maul statues in stock. They were sold out by the time I got that e-mail, but luckily I heard about it through a thread and got my order in. But will I be so lucky next time?

I always seem to get the MR newsletter a day after everyone else, so I guess I have no chance at this at all. But since I have no idea where this character fits in, I'm not that chuffed about it.

Pardon my ignorance, but are those 1/6 scale?

Shame to only get "half" a figure of something so cool. If it is 12" scale I could see some industriuous customizer using the GG top and the bottom half of Marmit Stormtrooper to make a complete Blackhole trooper.

MOST IMPRESSIVE

I think GG should take notice from SSC and fix their atrocious site and collectors club. I joined about a year ago, but every time they have another bust that is released I get the email too late and they are already out of stock.... Every bust I've ever purchased came from friends or ebay. It's ridiculous and I think it could be handled much better...

As for this blackhole Stormtrooper... as much as I want one... it won't happen. GG will contact me too late and it'll be gone... and with ebay pricing as it is... Not in the cards.

Damn you GG....:emperor

The bust is now over $500. I tried to order the C3 sandtrooper last year and that was a mess. If it goes up at a known time it will not be pretty, but at least we all still have a chance to get it.

Back