Star Wars Spooktacular Ask Sideshow Q and A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
From 10/29:

Q: When will we see the droids for the 1/6th scale line make their debut?

A: The droids are looking like they’ll appear first in our 2012 lineup.

Q: I like your Star Wars Premium Format line. I want to know if you will be doing something else like the Speeder Bike. Like, a Taun-Taun Premium Format, or a Dewback, or Droid on Stap?

A: No, we’re not currently planning any of the mega-mondo pieces that you mention (our 1:6 Dewback is going to be HUGE enough, it would be frighteningly huge at 1:4!). We do have a couple of MAJOR pieces in development for 2011, one of which is the Emperor on his throne. Your Jedi Luke PF is going to have some company very, very soon.

Q: I just wanted to comment first on the awesome job you guys are doing in bringing the 12-inch Star Wars world to life. A dream come true! One question I haven’t seen asked is your plans for a 12-inch scale Tusken Raider and Jawa. Would be great additions to the Tattooine characters already made. Thanks Sideshow, and keep up the great work :)

A: Yes, the Tusken Raider is in active development, and the Jawas will also be in development shortly (pun intended, hah!). Neither will be shipping in 2011, but are likely to be revealed before 2011 is over.

Q: I just received my life-sized Vader bust a few days ago, and it is by far the most impressive thing I have ever seen! I placed him right next to my Grievous bust and I am really looking forward to when Boba Fett arrives. Anyway my question is this; are you planning on any more life-size busts this year or early next year? The following is a list of those I would love to see get made and added to my collection: Luke Skywalker as X-Wing pilot, Kit Fisto, Shaak-Ti, Aayla Secura, Storm Trooper, Battle Droid, Watto, Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar (with those evil eyes!), Force Ghost Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, Tion Medon, and there are many more too! The sculpt on the Anakin portrait is super fantastic; the eyes are so impressive, and I know you guys can do more human ones along with the super cool alien characters. Well, what do you think?

A: We’re THRILLED that you’re thrilled with the Darth Vader bust! Yes, we are in development on several other life-size busts. There are some great characters in your list, certainly ripe for consideration. Our next couple of busts focus most on Tatooine residents, and the Clones are preparing to make an appearance.

2012 for the droids lulz! (and the Tusken Raider)

/thumbs down

Hope something i want comes in 2011

Are you pretty much done with producing figures or accessories to go with your Jabba the Hutt w/ throne environment? It’s been a long time since we had anything that could specifically go with him. He isn’t complete without a 1/6th scale Oola to dance near him or a 1/6th scale Slave Leia (preferably with an alternate “lounging” lower torso like Hasbro’s recent Slave Leia figure).

Nope, we plan to make additions to the Jabba set on a yearly basis, although some will be characters that work well in or out of Jabba’s Palace (Jawas, Fett, Bossk, etc). The next piece you’ll be seeing is a second Gamorrean Guard, with a little more ‘unique’ detail to his portrait and the ‘missing’ axe that fans have been asking for. We’re calling him Gartogg, with some serious affection for the old ‘Tales from…’ novel.

Okay, props for going out of the box for the GG. But 2 in a row?? Surely, there's a miscommunication here. Or perhaps it's the SDCC exclusive.

The Gamorrean Guard gets a re-do, yet Jedi Luke doesn't?? Seriously??

About Jawas for Jabba's throne environment, I am hoping for the one fanning Jabba.

thought it was weird SSC takes on the scene of Anakin murdering the Tuskens. I thought it was the most dispicable scenes in the SW films and can't imagine many people wanting to represent that scene in their collection with a high end item. Lots of other stuff, even from AOTC, that would be more desirable, IMO.

i thought the scene was very much left up to one's own imagination… considering the circumstance, i wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of the "despicable" side of it.

Q.
Saturday, October 30th, 2010
Is there a chance we will ever see a Jar Jar Binks, Watto, Boss Nass, Jango Fett or Sebulba in either 1/6th scale or Premium Format?

Jango is a near definite, but the others are a bit of a long shot. We have an interest in each – Jar Jar, Watto, and Sebulba – but their names appear farther down on our list of characters that we ‘must do’ in the immediate future.

Q.

Please, please, please; can you give us an update on the ‘Attack of the Clones’ Anakin vs. Tusken Raiders diorama! When will we see it?

You’ll be seeing the finished prototype very, very soon! It’s KILLER.

Q.

Will any small vehicles be made for 1/6th scale Star Wars, like the barc speeder, at-at, speeder bike, or any other vehicles?

We may disagree on which vehicles can be described as ’small’ – but yes, we do have plans for the Speeder Bike.

Okay, props for going out of the box for the GG. But 2 in a row?? Surely, there's a miscommunication here. Or perhaps it's the SDCC exclusive.

The Gamorrean Guard gets a re-do, yet Jedi Luke doesn't?? Seriously??

I'm happy with the second Gamorrean. I did not like buy two units of the same figure. But with some differences, I think i will buy one of each.
A re-do of Luke with Endor gear would be great. The other day watching in rebelscum the Imperial Throne's gallery, Luke's figure looked too old in comparison with Vader and the Emperor

Back