How high can you go Jedi Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think interest is going to increase as the word has spread about how much cooler he is than anticipated. I see him reaching $300 at least once, then bottoming out at around $100 min.

He is doubtless going to be the most desirable hard-to-get piece in the series.

SolidLiquidFox said:
$150 to $200 on ebay? BIN auctions at $250????

how high do you guys see Luke Ex reaching?

150-225 next few months
200-250 by Christmas

And this figure will never go down in price, it will only appreciate in value b/c of quality and supply of this piece( the lowest SW Ex Edition size for one the most popular characters)

I do think the price will drop a good bit once another Luke is announced, wither Tatooine or Bespin. Both are classic representations that would take some heat off of Jedi Luke, who is not everyone's favorite version.

How about the exclusive Luke? Only 1250 units. May be worth a lot more than $100 in time. Look at Toys McCoy Indy -- 3000 units, still sells for well over $500 most of the time.

Makes me sad I opened my exclusive -- now there's only 1249.

Heck, maybe I should sell my TM Indy before SS makes their own for $50!

Yes, but there aren't any other commercially released Indys out there. There will be more Lukes. And future ones might have shorter arms, driving Jedi Luke down in value.

One figure that will be worth buying will be the Star Wars exclusive one available at SDCC..This is a guaranteed price-rocketing figure for sure...Check Sideshow's past con exclusives... Nazi Kroenen,Patient Zero...but now its Star Wars which means: $$$...

Darklord Dave said:
Yes, but there aren't any other commercially released Indys out there.

Sure there is: that lousy "Relic Hunter" one; the new Disney 12" one (if I can count that). But yes, TM is the only worthwhile one out of the bunch. I'll bet the Toys McCoy will drop severely when SS announces their Indy line.

Still, with Luke, there will only be this one Jedi Luke. Even with Bespin Luke a certainty in the future, I think this Jedi Luke will hold a substantial price. Its the first and its an extremely low number...plus, a lot of people like myself have opened their exclusive in all the excitement, so there won't be a lot of pristine unopened exclusives left out there.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what IS the most sought after piece this time next year.

The 1/4 exclusive Luke from the last SDCC didn't do to well on ebay, most were going for dirt cheap. I hope we dont see another Luke for awhile. So many other characters. He doesn't seem to be as popular as I thought he would. Seeing that the 1/4 Lukes didn't do to well, but it could be that the editions for the 1/4 scale figures are too high. I'm sure General Grievous will be going cheap on ebay.

There is only ONE Luke to pose with a removeable-helmet Vader to recreate both the amazing Father-Son scene at Endor Hallway and the Final Battle Reactor (and I might add with an Emperor Palpatine) and that is Jedi Luke.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think your answer rhymes with "Hey Bulk"

No, not Grey Hulk. I mean, within the Star Wars 12" line -- which figure will be the most sought after this time next year. You never know, I suppose, like who would have thought HUMAN SPIKE would be where it is.

But so far, Jedi Luke has the edge with the lowest exclusive number and being the first SW 12" SS figure.

Down the line, in the coming months, it may be Maul, it may be an SDCC exclusive...or it may be some weird fluke...like all of a sudden everyone wants Kit Fisto because he's in the new TV show with Sith Witch Madonna.

pjam said:
There is only ONE Luke to pose with a removeable-helmet Vader to recreate both the amazing Father-Son scene at Endor Hallway and the Final Battle Reactor (and I might add with an Emperor Palpatine) and that is Jedi Luke.

Not to mention is the only Jedi version of a popular character. Obi, Anakin, Yoda...they all have the potential to show up later on a slightly different variation fo their jedi selves.

Wor-Gar said:
No, not Grey Hulk. I mean, within the Star Wars 12" line -- which figure will be the most sought after this time next year. You never know, I suppose, like who would have thought HUMAN SPIKE would be where it is.

But so far, Jedi Luke has the edge with the lowest exclusive number and being the first SW 12" SS figure.

Down the line, in the coming months, it may be Maul, it may be an SDCC exclusive...or it may be some weird fluke...like all of a sudden everyone wants Kit Fisto because he's in the new TV show with Sith Witch Madonna.

Fisto! Nice Kitty... the advantage of working with Lucas, they know when to put their 2 cents in with SSC and we all win in the end

Yeah, I think Luke will only go up. We as collectors tend to make or break the price of something depending on whether or not it gets our "geek stamp" of approval. Most of us gave him the thumbs up, therefore only driving the urge of the casual collector to own one and see what it is we are talking about.

Jedi Luke was not only the first SSC Star Wars 1:6th figure, but the only version of the character as a Jedi. So with the bulk of us not willing to let go of this awesome piece, as well as low edition numbers and a popular character... I foresee him becoming more profitable from here for Jedi Luke, as he becomes more and more scarce.

Major bank will be handed out to have one....

At least for now, with things looking like they do. Who knows how long this will last or if we are indeed correct in assuming so. These things can be pretty odd and hard to predict... only time will tell, I guess.

Wor-Gar said:

Maul, Vader, Fett...they will have astronomical runs. As some of us said before, the days of anything below a 2,000 Ex edition run are over.

That said I agree Jedi Luke will remain hot but I can't guess how high up in value it will go. My guess is that once they release Vader it may sky rocket since people are gonna want the classic final duel of the entire saga.

The wildcards in this whole equation remain the SDCC and the Expanded Universe figures like Snowbunny Padme, Mara Jade or Quinlan Vos.

The real question then is how many of us have opened our JEDI LUKE EXCLUSIVE and how many remain in unopened boxes?

I've read many, many posts (here, RS, OSW) of people who have opened their exclusive Luke. So the available number of unopened exclusives left must be down to only 1,000 now or less.

Certainly, as people see the prices on eBay, they might be inclined to hold on to their Anakin and Obi exclusives before tearing into it. So, again, the number of Jedi Lukes out there will be very few indeed.

The only thing that might change the demand for Jedi Luke is a more popular face sculpt on the coming alternate version.

Wor-Gar said:
The real question then is how many of us have opened our JEDI LUKE EXCLUSIVE and how many remain in unopened boxes?

Mines open. It's not like you can tell it ever left the package.

Back