Modified Cop Joker head..... HIT ME!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforigno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright guys I have been posting updates in the DX01 joker thread and I am finally finished so I wanted to see what you guys think.

BEFORE:
joker_mmsdx_1.jpg

The look I am going for:
joker9ch4.jpg

99% complete (i still need to repaint some areas and cut off a little more hair)
IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Totally rad! Best color to date! :duff

But, the hair does seem a bit full in the front. Maybe looks like his hair isn't thining/receading enough.

I'm not sure why but I don't think that sculpt suits having the clown paint on it. I think it loses the Ledger likeness somehow despite your work on the paint and hair being pretty damn good. But thats just me.

I wonder if you can thin it like the hairstylists do. I think they have some kind of scissors that does that but it probably wont work on this. I guess maybe you can do it manually where you would cut away every second strand at diff length to thin it up .. Maybe get your hairstylist involved like I would :D

I'm not sure why but I don't think that sculpt suits having the clown paint on it. I think it loses the Ledger likeness somehow despite your work on the paint and hair being pretty damn good. But thats just me.

I have to agree with you there, ive seen a few repaints of this head with clown makeup and hair added, and its been done wonderfully, but the sculp just looks off and not like ledger, not sure what the problem is.

Looks incredible anyway, one of the best hair work to date!

Yeah its lamb fur. I am going to thin it out a bit today, but I learned alot while doing this for the first time. I already know how I am going to make it more accurate for the next time.

Wow I agree that it looks awsome... Its just missing the big smile he's doing in the pic you used to compare it too... I wish hottoys would have given us at least one smiling Joker scuplt... :( :( :(

Coming along very nicely!

Still something a little of about the hairline in front.

Maybe his forehead isn't big enough?

I know what you are saying maglor. The hairline is fine, it is just the wasy the hair is styled is all. But the hair line was the hardest part.

Honestly.. I don't like it. It looks like the Medicom Joker now. :lol

I think you did a good job as far as adding the hair and what not. So props for that (especially since it's your first time). What I don't like specifically: I'm not a fan of the Cop head being repainted with clown make-up because tbh, I've yet to see one that looked good afterwards. Without make-up.. it's passable. But when you add make-up.. that's when you can really see how "off" the likeness really is, IMO. I also don't like how the hair lays on the finished head. It's too thick.

Last edited:
Keep going. It's only because it's not on the body. I found that with mine. It looked great off the body but soon as it was on the body with the coat below the back of the head the hair was far too long.

dscf9260.jpg

Back