Vader: SS or Attakus 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynxje

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a Darth Vader statue to my collection, but I can't decide whether it should be an SS version or the Attakus Vader 2? What are your opinions on which piece is better?

Are you planning on other PF pieces, and do you mostly collect 1/6 lines? You may want to consider that when making your choice.

I'm not really thinking of going into Star Wars too heavily (I got SS Grievous on order but I will most likely cancel him since the character was pretty disappointing) so I don't have to base my decision for Vader on future purchases.

While I really like statues and would really dig having the Attakus Vader 2 I gotta say go with SS. While it's not a statue per say it's so impressive that for me it gets past the whole not being a true statue.

I slightly prefer the attakus vader 2 to the sideshow vader, but given the cost, I would go with the sideshow vader as you get more bang for your buck.

As far as the cost is concerned I can live with the difference. I'm in europe so an SS Vader would turn out to be a bit more expensive then for you guys while I can get an Attakus for a pretty good price now (the diffence would be about 100 dollars).

Vader 1 is too expensive and I prefer the pose of '2' because of the Lightsaber.

I think it's a matter of personal preference really. I have the Attakus Vader 2 and find it awesome. Not only do I prefer the pose, but I also prefer polystone to mixed media.
About General Grievous, I agree with you that the character is disappointing, but I loved the design of it so much that I ordered it. In this case I chose the SSC version (exclu with detachable!! cape), because I prefer the pose much more than the Attakus version.

If you are looking for one "definitive" Vader statue, look no further than the 1/4 SS Vader. If you plan on adding other SW statue's to your collection, though, you can't go wrong with either line. :)

,..if u r looking for a budget and nice vader,..get the ss 1/4 vader.,..if you r looking for the best vader out there,...save the money and get the attakus vader one,...
,..between ss vader and attakus vader two,...hard choice,...depends on what u prefer,.. mixed media figures or a statue?,..

get some money and buy the holy grail... Attakus Vader I!

Vader 2 vs. SS Vader... as written, depends on whether you
like cloth and blinkin lights or not.. :D

If cost were the same, Attakus 2 is better in pose and finish than the SS PF, IMHO.

BUT, the cost of the two isn't the same at all.

An Attakus Vader 2 will usually cost $600 to $800 easy.

A Sideshow Vader PF Exc. is $350 to $450, and the regular version can be had
for even less than that. So, if you're on a budget, get one of the SS PF's , but
I honestly think that the Attakus Vader 2 is the better overall figures/statue.

JS :peace

A better question to some would be if the SS version was selling for the price the Attakus Vaders either for that matter would this change your opinion. I bet it would. :)

I just saw the Attakus Vader in person for the first time and I have to say that SS Vader is better. Attakus has made a nice piece but Sideshow's just feels better and is more imposing. The mixed media works very well too! The leather-look of the costume and the shine of the helmet capture the costume in a way that the statue can't.

If you don't like the lights you don't need to turn them on. He has some weight to him, so don't worry about him feeling like a 'toy'. He is incredibly solid and the only danger is that you might get addicted to Sideshow's premium format.

Good luck with your decision.

Back