Zero weapons policy at school "almost" strikes again.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know how freaking small a lego gun is? There is ZERO reason to fear one. I'm not even sure you could choke on it they are so small. I hope the principal gets fired. That is just rediculous. I bet if the kid was looking at a picture of a gun in his history book he would have gotten the same treatment! I mean come on. Its one thing if its a toy gun that is "life size" but a tiny lego gun? That principal needs a serious reality check.

you gotta be careful with those lego guns...they can go off at any time.......even with the safety on! :horror

Let me tell you, in my current job, I come across a lot of high-falutin education types. Principals, former principals, superintendents of education, etc. And you know what, they often aren't all that impressive, and this news doesn't surprise me too much. Merit and good sense are not the only criteria by which these people obtain their positions. Having connections, political savvy, and the ability to BS people seem to be much more important traits.

the principal is probably some liberal agenda pusher just like everyone else in academia.

probably wasn't even the gun, probably was the police officer lego figure that bothered them.

Just out of curiosity... is that a Lego gun? Usually they're stuff is better scaled. I think he's clouding the issue here :lol

Have to say this is one of the dumber things I've seen lately. But I bet we'll all feel pretty dumb if in 10 years this kid turns out to be a mass murderer :lecture

Good grief. People are so retarded.

I carried a pocket knife to school every day from about the 6th grade on. Nobody ever said a word. And, this wasn't too long ago ... I graduated high school in 1997.

We spend so much time scaring people to death about gun ownership, that we're going to have a generation of people that is entirely incapable of defending themselves. For the record, kids shouldn't be carrying an actual gun anywhere ... but its good for them to know how to use one safely.

But, if it isn't an actual gun ... it isn't an actual problem. Shut up and teach.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Here's an interesting experience for you.

Back in High School (can't remember which year, but I was there from '98 to '02) we had an assembly on the first day for all the kids in our grade where they went over all the rules, etc. One of the teachers was talking about Zero Tolerance on fighting; if you get in a fight you will get suspended, which, of course, puts a permanent scar on your academic record, and though looking back now that wouldn't really have been that big a deal, but at the time it seemed like it.

So I raised my hand and asked, "What if you get jumped?" Jumped, of course, meaning where someone just starts pounding on you and you're not instigating the fight directly. The teacher said "Go see a teacher." I asked, politely, mind you, "How are you supposed to do that?" In this school, and in most I assume, as soon as a fight breaks out, a huge crowd of onlookers forms a circle around it, and you can't get out of it. I relayed this scenario, and the teacher just repeated herself.

Whatever happened to taking things on a case by case basis? To actually LISTENING and then passing judgment instead of arbitrarily handing out ridiculous punishments...and what does this teach kids about society?

Yeah, "fighting back" is a suspendable offense unfortunately. If someone attacks you, I guess you are supposed to crawl into a ball and take it until someone else decides to break it up. Sort of like Clint Eastwood in Escape From Alcatraz. He gets thrown into solitary confinement for getting attacked by some other guy. I guess that is an incentive to try and stay out of conflicts that would lead to fights, but it is stupid not to allow teachers/principal/etc. discretion.

I actually had that happen. Some dude cold-cocked me in the eye ... by the time I got my bearings straight, I turned back around to wail on him, and found him curled up on the ground crying because the dumbass had broken his thumb on my eye socket (curling your fingers around your thumb when throwing a punch is a lousy freaking idea, by the way).

They tried to suspend me, at which point I pointed out that I never threw a punch ... so the broken-thumb jackass was suspended, and I went back to class.

Haha.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, "fighting back" is a suspendable offense unfortunately. If someone attacks you, I guess you are supposed to crawl into a ball and take it until someone else decides to break it up. Sort of like Clint Eastwood in Escape From Alcatraz. He gets thrown into solitary confinement for getting attacked by some other guy. I guess that is an incentive to try and stay out of conflicts that would lead to fights, but it is stupid not to allow teachers/principal/etc. discretion.

I will only punish my son for starting a fight ... never for ending one.

SnakeDoc

OT True story.

in highschool i was in an english class whose teacher was a diehard liberal. this is 1991 I think just as the elections were drawing near when Clinton was first up. the class was full of minorities and basically this white democratic teacher was telling all the minorities that if they didn't make sure their parents voted for Clinton that it would mean all minorities would suffer, blah blah blah. This is during class.

Same year our class was privaledged to create a theme tree for "Christmas in the park". Our theme for this "English" class? Polution and environment...:rolleyes: The crowning acheivement of the tree? Several scraps of an American flag that the teacher and students burned and desecrated during class.

My school? Independence High School founded in 1976 and our mascot and colors were a patriot and red white and blue.

Academia...

THAT IS NOT A LEGO GUN!

What a psycho principle! I remeber when I had a tape measure confiscated in pre-school :lol. At my school we stab/hit each-other with pens, pencils, rulers, maths compasses, drum sticks, guitars, sharpeners, books, keyboards, boots, rackets, bats, hammers, saws,drums,bags, sandwiches, cakes, fruit, vegetables, guitar straps, cups, mugs, children, axes, lamps, bulbs, concentrated hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride, magnesium, bunsen burners, bricks, stones, boxes, sticks, hats, scrap wood, scrap aluminium, wire, headphones, gloves, cats, clothes, shuttles, tennic balls, footballs, basketballs, laces, kinder aggs, eggs, flour, stick on tatoos, sweet wrappers, disks, computer mice, keys from keyboards, plants, shortbread, bread, bread crust, new kids, annoying kids, the victims own hand, paper for paper cuts, plastic knives, plastic forks, plastic spoon, insulation, wood...

Good grief. People are so retarded.

I carried a pocket knife to school every day from about the 6th grade on. Nobody ever said a word. And, this wasn't too long ago ... I graduated high school in 1997.

We spend so much time scaring people to death about gun ownership, that we're going to have a generation of people that is entirely incapable of defending themselves. For the record, kids shouldn't be carrying an actual gun anywhere ... but its good for them to know how to use one safely.

But, if it isn't an actual gun ... it isn't an actual problem. Shut up and teach.

SnakeDoc
Very well put. I'm a firm believer that if we taught kids to respect guns and the dangers of them and how they are used that we would see a decline in accidental shooting deaths.

OT True story.

in highschool i was in an english class whose teacher was a diehard liberal. this is 1991 I think just as the elections were drawing near when Clinton was first up. the class was full of minorities and basically this white democratic teacher was telling all the minorities that if they didn't make sure their parents voted for Clinton that it would mean all minorities would suffer, blah blah blah. This is during class.

Same year our class was privaledged to create a theme tree for "Christmas in the park". Our theme for this "English" class? Polution and environment...:rolleyes: The crowning acheivement of the tree? Several scraps of an American flag that the teacher and students burned and desecrated during class.

My school? Independence High School founded in 1976 and our mascot and colors were a patriot and red white and blue.

Academia...
I want to puke after reading that.:banghead

Back