How to decide on your first SideShow 1/6 Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMc73

Freakalicious
Reaction score
How did you all pick your first?
Right now all I can tell you about my Star Wars love, is the Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie...

I don't have a particular good/bad side I like over another.
I guess my favorite scene in ESB is the Bounty Hunter scene.
So maybe I try to get all the bounty hunters available and Darth Vader? (not sure there are any bounty hunters)

Or my second love, of these SS figures has been all the troopers...so maybe I start there?

Thanks for the advice.

I picked my first when Sideshow made the first release - Jedi Luke. Haven't stop at anything 1/6 scale since then.:lol

Seriously... I think Vader followed by a couple of Stormies would be a good start.

My first Sideshow was a Stromie,
the second ... a Stormie.
now I'm waiting for a Clone Trooper

Strange - haven't thought about getting Vader yet :confused:

go for a darth vader and stormtroopers... but if you have a budget go with a sandtrooper...

If ESB is your fav-start there. Always get what you like, not necessarily what other people like. That said, you can get Bespin Han for pretty cheap actually (recommend the exclusive version), and Lando is good. Of course there were Stormtroopers, but you may want to just start saving now, you may have a busy year of new releases!!

Vader is cool, but it's based on ANH. so as cool as he is, be patient and wait for the ESB version. It will blend better and they in all likelihood will fix the small things that bother some of the ANH folks.

Vader is the best SS Star Wars figure I have seen. Best to start there. Personally, I'm not a fan of the head sculpts of the Luke and Solo Bespin figures, so I'm trying to sell them. But their counterparts from A New Hope are pretty nice (even though it isn't your favorite movie).

Boba Fett will probably be coming in the next year or so, and of course, he will be a must when released.

Luke Jedi was my first and he was a great choice at that. I would go for Vader if you can, you will not be disappointed.

Someone gave me 1:6 Kit Fisto as a gift, and I loved him. So I have that person to blame for my ever-expanding collection of Star Wars figures (and never replenishing funds.)

Always get what you like, not necessarily what other people like.

This man speaks wisdom! :lecture :lecture My first was Captain Antilles, because he was both an original trilogy character and gift card eligible. :lol

If you like ESB, maybe start with Lando? Hard to go wrong with Stormtroopers also... in the end, decide what you like and go for it.

I personally would (and did) choose an inexpensive figure that you like and see what you think of it, rather than jumping in feet-first with something expensive. My first figure was actually Leia as Boushh.

my first SW figure was Old Ben cuz i thought he looked pretty good. i really didn't like many of the first figures in this line when i saw pics of them, so i stayed away. but since they are so cheap on ebay i've picked up quite a few. i find they look better after they are futzed and posed right. i really love the armored trooper figures.

Back