12" GARINDAN the best HASBRO figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just purchased the best Hasbro figure i have ever got, the GARINDAN 1/6. Typically the gloves on Hasbro are oversized, his are not. The body is very articulated and tight and the sculpt is good and clothes first rate. Paid £10.99 on e-bay and im very happy. A must for any New Hope fans.

No modifying needed. If it was a Main super charcter like Han or Luke maybe but he has great leg movement and stiff joints and the Hands seem to be in scale etc. A real pleasure of a Hasbro figure.

yes excellent figure. If there are any mods to make I think its just the boots and the belt. But thats only if you're really picky.

I was looking at getting one of these to go with my Sandtroopers, gonna have to pick one up now. Thanks for info.

There's 6 left of this sucker on Amazon, for anywhere from 14.99 to 19.99. I just picked one up for a little over 19 with shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

This guy is one of the nicer Hasbro's in my collection, I have never got around to changing the boots yet, to many Hasbro's to swap boots on and not enough cash when I think about it, which is usually about a day after Ive already ordered some parts from somewhere.:banghead

I was also surprised when my wife brought one home when it came out that it didn't have the normal 1:4 scale fat hands, since at that time they all seemed to have huge hands. Its definitely worth pickin up for $20 or so for a nice sand trooper scene.

You know, the Hasbro figures catch a lot of flak around these parts, but there are many that are great and let's not forget that their price point was $20...Not only that, but don't forget the 1/6th scale speeder bike, tauntaun, and dewback...good stuff...oh, and the droids...

My favorite Hasbro 1/6th is Count Dooku...and until Sideshow makes a better one he will stay right there next to the other sith....

You know, the Hasbro figures catch a lot of flak around these parts, but there are many that are great and let's not forget that their price point was $20...Not only that, but don't forget the 1/6th scale speeder bike, tauntaun, and dewback...good stuff...oh, and the droids...

My favorite Hasbro 1/6th is Count Dooku...and until Sideshow makes a better one he will stay right there next to the other sith....

dooku is a really nice figure. i still collect the hasbro 12'' stuff. they are great toys.

I've been patiently waiting for an SS Dooku but I may just release my Hasbro version and display him until then. Perhaps a repaint is in order, but it's a nice figure especially for the price-point.

I agree, its silly to be too picky about even some of the Hasbro stuff considering the price, And sadly at the end when they started using better bodies and such they gave up the license. Even with the lame bodies on most, for $5-$10 dollars you can swap to a much better body ( I get Hasbro Super Articulated and the really good double jointed Ultimate Soldier , and Dragon bodies for about $1-$3 from local second hand stores here in Chicago) and do a little modding and they can be pretty awesome, and some of the later ones from 2002 on are good right out of the box.

The other thing is that people that refuse to look at Hasbro stuff will always miss out on some characters that will likely never be made by anyone else like the Deathstar Droid, 5d-D4, Super Battle Droid and so on, as apparently Sideshow has no intention of doing droids which I'm sure is production cost related since their figure runs are small, and Medicom is just now getting ready to release there C3po and R2-d2. Not to mention the other things Fel9 Brought up which we will not see from another company for under $200 if at all.

I really don't mind if people don't want them though since that means less competition for me to get them, and I'm not far from having all of them. :banana

Good points, Vivisect.

I personally think the speederbike and Maul's speeder, for example, are excellent renditions. The fact that they were mass produced items only makes them that much more impressive.

Yes indeed, Hasbro did hit a few home runs over the years and Garindan was one of them...

3192353445_16d7bdcd2b_b.jpg

Congrats on your acquisition, monkeybat!

I just got this boy from Amazon, and he really is very nice right out of the box. He fits right in with the higher end Sideshow figs. Score one for snout nosed snitches.

Last edited:
Another well made figure from Hasbro Jar Jar Binks. I dont have much care for the character but all his joints are tight and good clothes and sculpt. Just hes the same height as everyone and is ment to be a head above Liam Neeson.

Have to say this is one of the better figures from Hasbro, still I would love to see Sideshow coming up with their version now that we can pose him with some Sandtroopers.:)

Another well made figure from Hasbro Jar Jar Binks. I dont have much care for the character but all his joints are tight and good clothes and sculpt. Just hes the same height as everyone and is ment to be a head above Liam Neeson.

All 3 Gungans Hasbro did were pretty good, Jarjar, Boss Nass, and Captain Tarpals, and Tarpals came with a really nice Kaddu mount.

They do seem to scale better when placed next to Sideshow figures than Hasbro, but if you want them taller it wouldn't be hard to add a 1/4 -1/2 inch or so to the legs.

Yes but still Sideshow did the same thing with Ki-Mundi just so he could fit in there generic box. But pound for pound he is actually a relly good figure.

Back