snowbunny padme

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain sack

Super Freak
Reaction score
snowbunny padme suggestion...

what would you guys think about sideshow making the snowbunny version the sideshow exclusive version, and making the regular version the episode 2 white outfit version, since the costumes are very similar?

i think this could make everyone happy. fewer of this EU figure will be made, and everyone who hates the choice of padme as an EU character, could get her episode 2 costume instead.

the only real costume changes would be the boots, gloves and and the episode 2 shaw/ clone wars hooded cloak.

of course, i'd buy both versions. :)

Last edited:
Seriously, that would give them a two-in-one deal for both the PT and EU fans.

Good suggestion! And I can't wait for them to release Padmé. As we now from the ROTS Deleted Scenes, she indeed belongs with the Heroes of the Rebellion, so the doors are wide open.

:)

Officially, your idea of the outfit being exclusive scares me -- but that's only because I don't like exclusives and short-packs. I like being able to collect what I want without supporting the 2nd hand market or taking days off from work to place an order at a certain time of day.

That said, if the run is large enough, for instance if the Snowbunny is an internet exclusive where the run is determined by the number of orders placed in a week's or a month's time, then I could get behind it. Sure.

What I LOVE about your idea is the assumption that the head sculpt is of the film version of her face and not of Cartoon Network's.

There's some differences in the two costumes to do that, it would be pretty cheap (as in not a good idea). Also, Sideshow said the 'Snowbunny' Padme will be a "live-action" version, as in it will be a 'real' sculpt of Natalie Portman.

I'm torn, because I want both, and I don't want to wait for the arena outfit one to come on its own... then again I don't want to miss out on the Snow Bunny one, which is possible if it were to be an exclusive.

I think it'd set a bad precedent. The poll was for first figure, not the exclusive version of the first figure. I know some people hate the idea of a Snowbunny Padme figure coming out for some reason, but making it an exclusive isn't the answer.

EVILFACE said:
I'll get her if she is sculpted like Portman. If it looks anime, it's a pass!

sideshow has said the figure will represent natalie portman, not an animated padme.

as for how sideshow could do this, i'd say make the EU version the website exclusive, but leave the ordering process open for a few weeks, then make enough figures to fill those orders.

at the same time, an episode 2 padme could go up for order thru sideshow's website and also be sold thru other vendors.

the figures would have different boxes, different artwork, so technically they would be separate figures. but since the costumes are so similar, sideshow could go ahead and release episode 2 padme instead of waiting 2 years(or however long) to do so.

Where is the official SS statement about this figure coming out or what it would look like? I only remember seeing the poll that everyone voted on.

Not to single out anyone here but every time I hear "I'll pass on this figure" or "this looks terrible...good because my wallet needs a break" I just roll my eyes. You guys are the first ones killing the SS servers on Priority Preorder regardless of the figure.

It's the "I don't want to miss out" syndrome. Most of us here got it. :peace

The poll was completed a couple months ago. I would not expect to see her for a while, prolly next year. The current figures being shown have been in production phases for the last 7 or so months.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Not to single out anyone here but every time I hear "I'll pass on this figure" or "this looks terrible...good because my wallet needs a break" I just roll my eyes. You guys are the first ones killing the SS servers on Priority Preorder regardless of the figure.

Probably because they want to flip it on Ebay for $150-$200. :)

Batty said:
Where is the official SS statement about this figure coming out or what it would look like? I only remember seeing the poll that everyone voted on.

sideshow VIP's have said in this and other forums that the figure will represent natalie portman, and they've said since she won the EU poll she will be the first EU figure produced, but probably not the only one. that's official enough for me.

there has been no "official" preview, but they said in newsletters and on this forum that she will be released. they also said in the newsletter that we'll be able to track her progress from concept to production in the "production blog".

I think in chat yesterday an SSC VIP mentioned that it took about 9 months (I'm nearly positive that's the time length mentioned, but I hate for a wild rumor to get started because I was mistaken :eek:) for the figures to be developed. I assume this is from nothing to prototype. The question wasn't specifically about Padme' it was in response to someone asking about more polls on which characters should be made next. So she was the winner in early november so I wouldn't expect her until early August.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised is sideshow saw the great turnout and started working on them ahead of time. Which if I may go off on a tengent is ironic since Padme was on the bottom (no pun intended :wacky) for so long that they could actually have Mara Jade ready prior to Padme, which of course they wouldn't release, but this is completely baseless speculation on my part.

Or they could have had them ALL ready and we'll see Padme any day now.

Anything is possible...

SolidLiquidFox said:

I said I'd pass on Kit Fisto after the preview pic. On ordering day, I looked at the rest of the pics and stuck with my original decision.

So, yes, I was part of killing the SS server for a moment, but just to confirm my decision.

In the chat, didn't they say something about wanting to have the EU figures out in a group? Probably like the 'Order of the Jedi' and 'Heroes of the Rebellion'.

That would make sense, as they probably developed each of the poll characters to a degree. Especially since the outcome was so uncertain for so long.

I'd voted for Padmé when she was placed last, and I'll be getting her. The others, not really, as I'm not a fan of either the EU or the Clone Wars cartoon.

Sachiel said:
In the chat, didn't they say something about wanting to have the EU figures out in a group? Probably like the 'Order of the Jedi' and 'Heroes of the Rebellion'.

that would be great.

Padme, Mara and Quin as the first 3

Seretur wrote: "I'd voted for Padmé when she was placed last, and I'll be getting her. The others, not really, as I'm not a fan of either the EU or the Clone Wars cartoon."
I guess it's funny, but the "Clone Wars" cartoons edited together are my favorite SW movies outside the original trilogy. I wish I'd enjoyed Episodes I through III half as much. Besides my general completist insanity and it being a neat looking figure, the main reason for my ordering Kit Fisto is he was actually cool in Clone Wars.
I think the Padme figure will be fine. It will have the likeness of "real" Natalie and she will be in a cute little snow suit based on the cartoon version. Not my first choice for EU but it will be a nice figure I think. And it's nice to know at least one female SW figure will be made at some point. Hopefully they will announce her daughter is coming soon.
By the by, I voted for Mara Jade in the poll because of the hot model they based the character likeness on. I'm also not a big EU fan (outside of Clone Wars) but I think it would be a kick-ass figure. And a nice toy is a nice toy whatever it's based on.

I know I'm in a minority of one when I say I didn't care too much for Clone Wars. But then I'm in a not much larger minority when I say that I actually enjoyed the politics of the prequel trilogy quite a bit.

I respect and admire what Genndy Tartakovsky did with the story, except for the bit with Anakin and Obi-Wan right before the battle of Coruscant (you know, with the deformed aliens and whatever). That section felt more like belonging in a Samurai Jack cartoon. Overall, Clone Wars was a nice enough action series for one viewing, but I have no desire to rewatch it on DVD.

Again, minority of one here. I'm weird that way. :D

Oh, and Chamildav? I'm all for cool figures based on hot models. Bring them on!

Back