You ever get sick of your collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some things I wish I never bought, but most I treasure dearly. Looking at them really does make me happy, a little bit thearapeutic, and probably a little crazy, but I definitely don't regret finding this great hobby.

not really. i buy what i like and i cancel alot of stuff i don't really feel i need, when it's ready to ship. sometimes something looks so cool that you order it without a second's thought but after a year on preorder you lose interest. that's what keeps me from getting collectibles i would "get sick of" in the future.

Only got sick of stuff like all my Marvel Legends that i boxed away, Play Arts Final Fantasy figures crap like that etc.

I only get sick of the ones I bought years ago and regret I did. Mostly action figures.

Yes, I seem to get waves of it from time to time when I think 'Sweet hell, look how much money I have blown on these", and just want to sell all but one of them.

Normally sell a couple and it passes as I tend to only keep what I can fit in one DETOLF. I am scaling down a lot lately.

On the other hand, HT preview their Arnie T2 T800 and it reminds me of why I collect.

I got sick of my old Hasbro Star Wars figures and got rid of all of them. Now that I collect statues and not toys I don't get remorse anymore.

It happens, but it is normally a sign to scale down again. Then it passes and you are able to see the collection in a new light. A key thing I have learned about this hobby is it is not so much what you do have, but what you DON'T have that speaks about your collection.

Back