Foam sheeting used by Sideshow !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Besta set from Ikea,Okay got home unpacked and for my surprise on a $80.00 piece of furniture without glass and nothing to break came with a much better Foam sheeting that SideShow uses on $1.000 pieces.I'm saving those when time to put them back in the box again.

Thanks for the cheap packing material SideShow,Oh almost forgot the corner Styrofoam 100% breaks on my shipments and the inner box just bounces around inside other one.

Shame...:banghead

ironman.jpg

No problems with the item though. Guess we'll hear all about it when you find something. So far it looks like it got to you okay. That's what the packaging is for. It's done it's job. What about the card board? Is it cardboardy enough? Get a life.

No problems with the item though. Guess we'll hear all about it when you find something. So far it looks like it got to you okay. That's what the packaging is for. It's done it's job. What about the card board? Is it cardboardy enough? Get a life.

images

:lol As if.

Did you ever think? :lol I mean think that that particular styrofoam might actually be a better design to protect your purchase? That it has a tendency to crumble more readily than Ikeas equivalent foam. Ikea is protecting a wood product and probably needs a sturdy foam. Whereas Sideshows product is vastly more fragile. The foam is inside a closely fitted box. If the box should take a hit, and the foam crumble, it would probably protect your purchase even more. Like crumple zones on a car.

Grow a brain. By that I mean think before you stink. Think. Do you have a problem with that? It's obvious to me that you do. Shooting your mouth off and quibbling over imaginary faults and wrongly perceived problems. When it comes to flaking, you fail to address your own. Flake. Area 51 eh? What planet are you from?

Nice score on the Ironman bust. btw. Why do you continue to buy Sideshow products? What with all the underquoted shipping, flaking paint, and poor substandard styrofoam? Vote with your wallet and stop buying their gear. Speaks louder than your empty protests.

Last edited:
Just saying in case of repacking,moving and such...Why not use newspaper then ?

Just saying in case of repacking,moving and such...Why not use newspaper then ?
Are you serious? You don't know where to obtain newspaper? "Just saying in case of repacking,moving and such..."

I see, by the pic you posted in the EU thread, you ordered an exact replica of your brain.

Empty_Box_Person_Looking_In.jpg

You think the foam you have, wont protect your Ironman bust should you need to repack it? What do you do with it when you take out the bust to display it? Put the foam back in it's box. It'll be there when you decide to move or whatever. Some crumbly bits aren't going to make it critical to it's protection. Need me to explain potty training now?

that's what packing is for. it's supposed to take damage so that the statue doesn't. are we after mint packing materials now? that foam stuff that is used for packing furniture won't conform to a statue anyway. it's too thick.

Not to mention that the foam is molded not just to fit the statue snugly, but for the entire thing to fit perfectly inside the box. There are some items I have considered repacking myself and tossing out the box and foam to save space, but in the end it just doesn't seem worth the risk.

That's a very diplomatic response Agent, but Webb has a vendetta against Sideshow, for reasons only known to him. It's easy to knock Sideshow when they aren't in a position to become emotional about responding to his inflammatory remarks and constant bashings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back