MR Y-Wing first Pic!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzie

Super Freak
Reaction score
y20wing20fep2029ov.jpg

Nice... new Base-strategy.. hmm

Weathered look ist quite cool :cool:

No price or numbers so far!

The base sucks, but so does the vehicle. It doesn't look like it did in the film, especially with R2-D2 inexplicably being in the cockpit. Wrong model of droid, MR. :rolleyes:

Y-Wing.jpg

I can't believe the price either. Yuck.

Easy pass, and its funny too you would think that MR would really have to sell the Y-Wing (it isn't Vader's TIE after all), this just has no appeal to it at all. :sick

Anybody know what the LE will be on these?

As the Snowspeeder was around the same price (I think) and came down like hell on ebay when nobody seemed to be buying them..:rolleyes:

WW :Wizard

I'm wanting to get the MR Falcon, but not if it's going to be over $1000. Maybe I should pick up the Code 3 one that's going so cheap on ebay.

If the Falcon is any less than $2000, I will be amazed. In fact, I'm guessing it may be more. Having seen the original 32 inch Falcon on display at the Art of Star Wars exhibition here in the UK, that sucker is BIG!

Chris

Is it confirmed that the MR Falcon will be 32"? That is huge and I'd fully expect it to be a couple grand. I can also fully expect me not to get it at that price.

Darklord Dave said:
Is it confirmed that the MR Falcon will be 32"? That is huge and I'd fully expect it to be a couple grand. I can also fully expect me not to get it at that price.

I have heard anywhere between 32" and 36"..... at that size and being from MR I would say at least $2000

Jesse

I will just wait for them to release the second version with the diorama base. :rolleyes:

Dave,

Yes - it's been confirmed as the 32" diameter version.

Chris

The early word on the Y-wing was that the case was skipped to lower the price, and that we would be really surprised at how low the tag on this item would be. Needless to say, MR collectors were surprised, but not happily so.

After long admiring I finally splurged on the MR AT-AT (snowbase) a few months back, and was really impressed. They make some fantastic stuff, but the pricetags sure do make you think twice (or thrice ...). I'm sitting out for now on the Y-Wing.

The Code3 ships are very nice IMO, and I like the metal die-casting. The level of detail and finish cannot touch MR though. Unfortunately the Falcon was done very early in the line and is one of the less impressive. The sculpt is FINE but the paint is a little weak. I still like it a lot, but if you could find a talented repainter it might really shine. I'd like to see what an experienced model painter could do with it myself. :peace

Back