The Firefly controversy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly...awesome, meh, or caca? You make the call!

• Total voters

Deak Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am just curious as to where the board really stands on this issue of how Firefly turned out. I for one am into the figure but understand RAH purists concerns, but I also understand the reason behind the modernization of him too. I unfortunately think the R&D slide at SDCC killed this figure for a lot of people. Discuss...

Last edited:
I don't know that we need a separate thread for this - the topic is pretty well covered in the Firefly thread.

I don't know that we need a separate thread for this - the topic is pretty well covered in the Firefly thread.

It is good to clarify the clarification of the clarification. That way the clarification of the clarification is clarified so that it is clear to us.

Sorry guys I was writing up the poll. I think it's worthwhile, I think the negativity has run a little rampant in the main thread. I guess I just wanted hardcore numbers or "metrics". But it's your sandbox Dave. :lol

Buying for sure, but I would still prefer if he had one or two aspects that were original to the the '84 figure, namely the camo balaclava and Cobra patch on his arm.

Still love it, though.

Buying for sure, but I would still prefer if he had one or two aspects that were original to the the '84 figure, namely the camo balaclava and Cobra patch on his arm.

Still love it, though.

That's how I feel, now I am stuck on whether to pick up the exclusive or not.

500_1.jpg

poll doesn't really cover the options so not sure how it offers any clarity.

its not simply a "i'll buy him" vs "i won't buy him" thing.

and not sure how keeping them in the box matters in this issue? and completist don't always keep them in the box. this poll fails.

Last edited:
poll doesn't really cover the options so not sure how it offers any clarity.

its not simply a "i'll buy him" vs "i won't buy him" thing.

and not sure how keeping them in the box matters in this issue? and completist don't always keep them in the box. this poll fails.

But you still voted, then it's a "win". Thanks Shai Jr. :rolleyes:

I see what you were going for here, Deak. With as clustered as the main FF thread has gotten it's interesting to see where everyone stands. This thread is definitely more "to each his own" than other one is.

I will say that the inevitable Firefly Mod Thread will be one cool place to be once everyone starts getting their figure/parts in. :rock

if I'm shai junior then your momma poses with my hulk statues ;)

i only voted the best answer you supplied. which still sucked. this thread does show that most people will buy what ever is offered no matter what it looks like. but it doesn't even ask if people prefer the fix, which is pretty clear they would.

I also think its ridiculously sad that people think the only mistake ssc made was releasing good R&D shots as if no one would be mad at this product otherwise.

I also think its ridiculously sad that people think the only mistake ssc made was releasing good R&D shots as if no one would be mad at this product otherwise.

No, that's how you're misinterpreting the remark. What's making most people so mad is the fact that they showed the concept shot that is so close to the RAH version of Firefly. If those hadn't been shown in the first place, the b**ching would be much more subtle with a consistency of, "Wow, they missed the mark" vs. "WTF?! You got the concept art right, WTF happened?!"

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol hence why I refrained from doing so. :lol

Fair enough, if I could edit the poll (meaning put in more options) I would do so.

I see what you were going for here, Deak. With as clustered as the main FF thread has gotten it's interesting to see where everyone stands. This thread is definitely more "to each his own" than other one is.

I will say that the inevitable Firefly Mod Thread will be one cool place to be once everyone starts getting their figure/parts in. :rock

I agree, thanks MANDO. I guess I wanted less b_tching/praising and more of neutral ground and to get a real feel for how this figure really turned out. I guess we won't truly know till he ships. I mean come on guys the JOE section ain't SW or DC...I mean that in a good way.

if I'm shai junior then your momma poses with my hulk statues ;)

i only voted the best answer you supplied. which still sucked. this thread does show that most people will buy what ever is offered no matter what it looks like. but it doesn't even ask if people prefer the fix, which is pretty clear they would.

Thanks Prog, I guess I should expect nothing less from you. Still though your feedback is appreciated.

Back