Sideshow slow to reveal ES numbers of late

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edition sizes are meaningless. I still think they shouldn't reveal them until after the product has shipped.

Edition sizes are meaningless. I still think they shouldn't reveal them until after the product has shipped.

I agree completely.

But they havent really been slow, Its about the same time frame they all used to be revealed.
They have actually sped up lately with the ES reveals. Some are just back in the old school timeframe...

Here we go again...the ES important vs ES pointless arguement. :monkey4

If I like a statue, I will buy it regardless of the ES, HOWEVER, the ES will determine where I buy it from. When you are talking about $300+ statues, ES is important. I like when the ES is announced early on.

1. High ES = don't buy direct from Sideshow; pick it up on the 2nd market for much less.
  2. Low ES = hold value longer so when you eventually want to sell it to 'upgrade,' you at least keep up with inflation

If I like a statue, I will buy it regardless of the ES, HOWEVER, the ES will determine where I buy it from. When you are talking about $300+ statues, ES is important. I like when the ES is announced early on.

1. High ES = don't buy direct from Sideshow; pick it up on the 2nd market for much less.
  2. Low ES = hold value longer so when you eventually want to sell it to 'upgrade,' you at least keep up with inflation

The man makes a valid point, and one I used to make based on ES size. If you can save money down the road, all the more power to you. I just find it funny that some people will buy an item based solely on the ES.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

ES is very important to some collectors. It's the difference in buying direct from SS or buying it elsewhere cheaper. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Back