Mattel Has Lost Their Minds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
This is hilarious. :lol

Mattel Has Lost Their Minds
Posted at 10:29 AM Oct 28, 2009

mtt3285lg.jpg

Yesterday I ^^^^^ed about the continually baffling assortment of characters in Mattel's DC Universe Classics line. I thought their insanity was limited to just that line, but now I think that someone high up at Mattel has lost all his ^^^^ing marbles. Because you see that Ken doll above? That Ken doll is PALM BEACH SUGAR DADDY KEN.

Never mind his silly clothes or enragingly tiny dog. He is called PALM BEACH SUGAR DADDY KEN. BY MATTEL. THIS IS HIS OFFICIAL NAME. Seriously, look at his Entertainment Earth page. This is like one of those joke Barbies art students do in college to criticize gender roles forced on children by their toys, like Hobo Barbie and Pregnant Trailer Trash Barbie. Except this time Mattel made it. It's official. My world is rocked.

It really looks like a Tonner doll. I'm sure it'll sell like crazy.

I do think their Joan Jett doll looks cool.

It really looks like a Tonner doll. I'm sure it'll sell like crazy.

I do think their Joan Jett doll looks cool.

Joan Jett doll?????????............WHERE????...........:love

well 20 years ago anyway.......:D

JJ looks a bit like one of those brat dolls my daughter used to have........i think thats what they were called anyway.
i might get her & turn her into a zombie just for the hell of it....:monkey3

I'd definitely be up for the 80s ladies if the sculpts looked like them. But Cyndi Lauper was never that skinny.

As for Sugar Daddy Ken - Mattel knows that Barbie has a huge gay following, why not cater to that market? It's smart business.

I always thought a Sugar Daddy was an older rich guy that younger chicks went after. ???

Back