Anyone get motion sickness from movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to go see "District 9" today. I wasn't aware that it was going to be a "documentary" style movie. This reminded me so much of "Blair Witch" project, when I almost puked in the theater from the camera shaking violently through out the movie. But I basically had to leave because I can't handle the screen shaking and bouncing the ENTIRE movie...... :eek:

So does anyone else get motion sickness from movies like these??? :confused:

Just curious......

Wimp. My mom got motion sickness in Cloverfield, but was just fine in this. :dunno

But seriously, I can't say that I've ever gotten motion sickness in a movie. But I did get butterfiles in my stomach during the opening scene of the Dark Knight in Imax. It was when the goon slide down the zipline and you see how high up they are. In Imax that felt quite real. :eek:

But seriously, I can't say that I've ever gotten motion sickness in a movie. But I did get butterfiles in my stomach during the opening scene of the Dark Knight in Imax. It was when the goon slide down the zipline and you see how high up they are. In Imax that felt quite real. :eek:

I had the EXACT SAME FEELING!!! I had never seen any movie in Imax prior to The Dark Knight. I remember when the opening sequence started I gripped the chair a little bit tighter for fear I was going to fall. Yes, I know a little weird....but it was for the same reason you mentioned, the illusion of the heights!!! That scene was breathtaking!!!! :horror

You becha Kuzeh.

I do get vertigo when i'm on unsecured/no railing high places. Just don't get that feeling from a tv or movie screen.

I remember in Blair witch project people leaving the theatres cuz of motion sickness, including someone in my group. I thought it was just cuz they were scared.

The only movie I ever felt dizzy during was Lawnmower Man. I was drunk at the time. That may have had something to do with it. :lol

Can the mods please change the title of this thread to "Why the F do movies have this much effect on people?" Thanks in advance.

I saw TDK for a 2nd time and my buzz from a bbq I was at stuck with me. I didn't get motion sickness though. I don't know what you'd call it.

really!?...from a movie!?.not me, just vertigo!
48.gif

Back