No Sauron PF...at least for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
From todays : ‘Ask Sideshow’ Q&A for July 22nd!

Question : It is possible in the near future to see a Dark Lord Sauron Premium Format Figure?

Answer : It is possible and something that we’re considering, but it won’t be in the very near future.

Well at least there is hope. On the bright side it's wasn't an outright no. :D

I think the Weta one is still a great statue.It has aged well IMO.

The Weta one is sexy, but with even just a slim possibility of a PF there's no way I'd hunt it down now. I'll just keep throwing money at other SS LOTR stuff.

I'm glad to see that they did not completely shut the idea down. There are still glimmers of hope and hopefully if and when it gets released flex pay is still avaliable.:D

I'm glad to see that they did not completely shut the idea down. There are still glimmers of hope and hopefully if and when it gets released flex pay is still avaliable.:D

You know, when SS first announced the PF line they specified the PF's would range in price from $225-$450. You have to think they had a Sauron PF in mind when they came up with those prices 'cause a 1/4 scale Sauron would be huge and most certainly be somewhere in the $450 vicinity.

We will have to hold them to it if they charge more. :lol\

Those licensing announcements are legal documents.:D

We will have to hold them to it if they charge more. :lol\

Those licensing announcements are legal documents.:D

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=111005lotrpre

Yeah, here's my favorite part in that "legal document".....

"Sideshow Collectibles' Premium Format 1:4 scale utilizes a mixture of mediums, allowing an unprecedented opportunity to bring these beloved characters to life with unsurpassed detail and accuracy. This larger canvas offers designers and sculptors a variety of media and artistic avenues to recreate, with astounding accuracy and creativity, the characters, costumes, and weaponry from the classic fantasy tale. Detailed portrait likenesses, expert fabric tailoring, film accurate props and the use of genuine leather and real metal for armor and weaponry will breathe new life into the The Lord of the Rings characters." :rotfl

With so many other characters not being done before or just not done well, Sauron just seems like a double-dip.

Where are the PFs for:

1) Gondorian
2) Rohirrim
3) High Elven Warrior
4) Easterling
5) Mahud

These just BEG to be done in the PF's multi-materials format.

And where the heck is Gandalf the Grey?????

TBH I wouldn't worry about Gandalf the Grey, between now and the Hobbit he'll be done, I have no doubt.

I'm just not sure about generic warriors in PF. We get so few PFs that it just seems that we should concentrate on main (named) characters first. I have no doubt they would be great, but like I say, main characters first.

TBH I wouldn't worry about Gandalf the Grey, between now and the Hobbit he'll be done, I have no doubt.

I'm just not sure about generic warriors in PF. We get so few PFs that it just seems that we should concentrate on main (named) characters first. I have no doubt they would be great, but like I say, main characters first.

I agree with you. I just don't see Sideshow making any PF generic warriors anytime soon. While the detail would be promising, I just don't see a market for them specially since there are alot of main characters to be made.

Come on, we need an Isildur. It would be awesome to have him with two heads and two arms, on holding the one ring and no helm, the other holding his sword and helmet on.

Elendil would be cool or a Minas Tirith Honor guard. Those three would rock :chew

Back