Smith vs Washington

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wHySoSeRiOuS203

Super Freak
Reaction score
this is my last versus thread simply because I love arguement but I dont want to fill up the thing with vs threads...any way this is one that has been waging war for a while They both have impressive war records not to mention acting Smith has highest box office draw (take that depp) and smith is one of my favorite actors however denzel is a veteran they've both had they're hits and misses but some people still love their misses which really shows the likability of the actors

will_smith1_300_400.jpg
vs
denzel_washington1_300_400.jpg

Denzel is the exact same character in every single movie he's ever played in. He's either good or bad, hell even then he doesn't even change his approach to the character and even delivers all his lines the same. He's good at the one role, but that's it for him.

Will Smith isn't much better. He's at least funny.

Neither are the best black actors working today.

Denzel is the exact same character in every single movie he's ever played in. He's either good or bad, hell even then he doesn't even change his approach to the character and even delivers all his lines the same. He's good at the one role, but that's it for him.

:lecture I agree.

Will has stretched himself a bit more lately, but they both aren't the best by any means IMO.

Disagree on Will Smith:The guys got range, Men in Black to 7 pounds is quite a journey in acting.

Thats so true about Denzel :lol but hes still good though.

You may even say the same thing about Pacino or Nicholson for that matter. But what does that say? Both actors are legendary, they do have some variety in their roles but imo their style doesn't stretch all that much. Denzel will be legendary one day, I like him alot.

I would have to agree with you though cuz imo Don Cheadle is definitely the best black actor in show biz today.

You may even say the same thing about Pacino or Nicholson for that matter. But what does that say? Both actors are legendary, they do have some variety in their roles but imo their style doesn't stretch all that much. Denzel will be legendary one day, I like him alot.

I would have to agree with you though cuz imo Don Cheadle is definitely the best black actor in show biz today.

I wouldn't say that about them though because they've played different characters. Pacino was different in Dog Day, ^^^^ Tracy, Scarface, his type cast roles like Godfather and Donnie Brasco are all similar and I think they've defined his career, but he's at least had a few. Nicholson is closer to being the same, but his roles in Anger Management, About Schmidt etc. at least give him a few different. I've never ever seen Denzel be different. He's the same in Training Day as he is in The Preacher's Wife. He just talks higher or lower. Nicer or angrier, with the same tone, same delivery. He's very good at it don't get me wrong. He just has 0 range, and has yet to play a role that I could tell a difference in yet.

I wouldn't say that about them though because they've played different characters. Pacino was different in Dog Day, ^^^^ Tracy, Scarface, his type cast roles like Godfather and Donnie Brasco are all similar and I think they've defined his career, but he's at least had a few. Nicholson is closer to being the same, but his roles in Anger Management, About Schmidt etc. at least give him a few different. I've never ever seen Denzel be different. He's the same in Training Day as he is in The Preacher's Wife. He just talks higher or lower. Nicer or angrier, with the same tone, same delivery. He's very good at it don't get me wrong. He just has 0 range, and has yet to play a role that I could tell a difference in yet.

I totally see that but consider Malcom X and Ricochet, he had excellent depth in both films. Then again they were his early films but I suppose he developed his "style" as time went on. I guess what I was getting at is, some legendary actors do carry a "same old" style that seems to work. Clint Eastwood is another decent example. I'd say the same about Deniro but he's mixed it up quite a bit over the past 10 years.

Denzel hands down. Will Smith is always the same. He always have to throw the "ghetto" accent in his films. i.e. when beats up the alien in Independence day. Will Smith is a special effects actor for family fun movies. He'll never be an oscar winner or a serious actor. And his kid stinks to. He sucked in The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I'm not a big Denzel fan, but he ruled in American Gangster and Man on Fire.

Will Smith. I've always loved him and always will. He's one of the few actors today that can get me in front of the theater/tv no matter what film it is.

They are about the same to me. Both have done good roles and bad. I didn't like it for awhile when they were giving Will Smith roles that he should never have had, such as Wild, Wild West.

Back