It's a TRAP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've always liked Admiral Ackbar, and during the Live.com discount madness a couple of weeks ago on ebay I stumbled upon what was billed as a 1:1 head/bust of Admiral Ackbar for what seemed like a very reasonable price -- especially after the 30% off. I bought it on the strength of one picture in the auction listing, and it turned out to be pretty good. I later found out that it was part of a run that someone named Korbanth had commissioned. (You can see what the unaltered head looks like in this thread at the RPF.) It's made of resin and when you get close you can see that it's kind of rough in some ways, but overall it's very nice.

Anyway, I touched up the paint a fair amount and completely redid the eyes, since they made it look very cartoony (much more so than the version you can see in the RPF thread). I gave him a shot of gloss cote to give him a bit more of a moist appearance. I also added his "whiskers" since they are a huge part of his look and the sculpt was obviously made to allow some to be attached. I made some makeshift clothes out of felt and a foam pipe insulation tube, although I'm not all that happy with them. I know very little about sewing or cloth as you can probably tell. :eek:

Anyway, I think it came out pretty well, and the price was VERY reasonable for a life-sized bust. But I'll still buy a Sideshow version -- especially if it has glass eyes. Please Sideshow?

ackbar_custom_bust1.jpg
ackbar_custom_bust2.jpg
ackbar_custom_bust3.jpg
ackbar_custom_bust4.jpg

That's actually pretty cool, all the more that you put your personal touches on it.

:clap

Thats really cool man, Ackbar kicks all kind of ass :rock Still one of my favorite figures from the Vintage Kenner line.

Back